First Stude in your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Stude in your life

Just wondering if many folks had a picture of their families first Studebaker with them in it? This was my Dads first one, actually his first car of any type. I don't know which of the three years it was,(47,48,or 49) but it was well worn when he got it. I believe I am 5 years old in the pic, had me a nice new wagon to share with my two brothers and was SOOOO proud. I got up in the car sometime later after we moved to another house, started it up, and backed it up on a stump. I think I've already told that story, tho', but just remembered and dug out this picture tonight. If you have a pic of your first experience with the brand, lets see 'em !! John
    Attached Files

I'll have to dig out the old family photo albums. I know there are pictures of me in front of my father's new 56 Flight Hawk and the a little later in a new 62 GT Hawk. Bud

Comment

This was taken out near Kelso Dunes, 10 miles South of Baker. I was 10 years old. That is my Father, Mother and Aunt.

Comment

First Studebaker in my life

The '41 Commander in this picture is the first Studebaker in my life. This was made in 1943 just before my brother, in uniform, shipped off to the Philipines. The other two are my Grqndmother and myself. I was three years old.
        Attached Files

Comment

There may be photos of the '39 Stude my parents owned in the late '40s or early '50s. I'll have to check around. My Mom said it was the worst car they ever owned.

The next Stude in the family was when I owned my '63 Avanti from '76 through '90.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

After starting college at the University of Alabama, my grandmother decided to buy a new Dodge Dart in 1974. She gave me her 1961 Lark VI Regal sedan. I had it repainted in its original color, Ermine White, and had the original light green cloth seats which were worn out recovered with a light green vinyl upholstery. I wish I still had the little Lark now.

sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

According to the wrap around bumpers its a 1949.
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

My 1st car was a 1949 Studebaker. The pic was taken in 1957 in Pasadena, California. Oh and btw, the handsome fellow standing next to the stude is me

Last edited by mightymeower; 03-06-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

The "first" Studebaker in 'my' family was owned by my dad before he had a family.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker-Chandelier tree 003.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1667472This is his '40 Champion with his mother and my older brother in the Chandelier Tree.

This is his next Studebaker when he DID have a family.

Name:	9-21-2009%203;20;54%20PM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1667473This is me holding a toy delivery van I had just received with our '50 Champion at the curb. Same car that I have today.

These are two of the 5 my family owned.

Comment

Wow, this is great, thanks, folks. And, Ms. Anne, thanks for the year info, I just remember it was grey, but really never paid attention to the year. Our next one was a 50 or 51 regular 2-door that was baby blue, then a black and white 55 Champion 4-door, then a 60 Lark wagon, black w/red interior. That was my 1st car to drive legally, and got my license in it. Loved that V-8 !!! Thanks again, all, John

Comment

Name:	Scan86.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1667504Year pic taken 1966

Comment

Here's an oft seen pic of my late Dad's '61 Hawk, with a stinky Dalmation and a dumb kid.
                        Car and dufus kid are still around today.
                        Both have body rot and smell like the long gone dog.....
                        Jeff
                        PS: My winter coat today is about as pristeen

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                        Just wondering if many folks had a picture of their families first Studebaker with them in it? <snip>
                        If you have a pic of your first experience with the brand, lets see 'em !! John
                        Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 03-08-2011, 06:05 PM.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Not in it, but on it.

Name:	Grandpa's 39 Stude 1 s.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1667547

I remember grandpa saying the best car he ever had was his 39 Champion. Isn't this a Commander? Is it a 39?

Name:	Grandpa's 39 Stude 2 s.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1667548

Comment

This is my first car (Studebaker) picture was taken at an Air Force Base in Oklahoma in 1961.

sigpic
                            Jim

Comment

This is me and what turned out to be my first car in '68. My Uncle held on to it and gave it to me on my 15th birthday. It's still in the garage today awaiting a ground up rebuild. I plan on going back to that exact spot and recreating that pic someday (less the trike).

(If I really want to duplicate the pic, I still have the Rambler hubcaps too!)

Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
                              X