Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenses

Would someone please be so kind as to tell me what year or years of taillight lenses will fit in my 54' K body housings? I would like to go with 55' lenses but do not know what will fit or if I need to get housings and bezels for a 55'. Are sedans and HT's the same? Thank you for your help.
    Stude Rookie

You will need to acquire '55 or '56 C/K housing/bezels to use the '55 lenses. They will bolt on your '54 K body w/o any changes. You cannot use sedan housings as they are larger/different.

I may be interested in your '54 K housing/bezels, depending upon the condition.

tempestan

Comment

What you are looking for are on ebay every day! I have a NOS set.
      Good Luck with your bidding.
      Good roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I guess it is totally a matter of taste, but I can't imagine how a '55 looks any better to SOME people than a '54!
        You do have to remember that '55-'56 C & K Tail lights, were made to fit a completely DIFFERENT HEIGHT (width) Bumper than the '53-'54 Housings.

The only cool thing about '55 Housings is you can use a '56 Lense for a completely different look and it is a good one!

I sure can see how a '54 Housing & lens is MUCH prettier than a '53 though!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What's to GUESS ? it is in FACT a matter of taste!!! one would simply have to have a "GOOD" IMAGINATION !!!
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          I guess it is totally a matter of taste, but I can't imagine how a '55 looks any better to SOME people than a '54!
          You do have to remember that '55-'56 C & K Tail lights, were made to fit a completely DIFFERENT HEIGHT (width) Bumper than the '53-'54 Housings.

The only cool thing about '55 Housings is you can use a '56 Lense for a completely different look and it is a good one!

I sure can see how a '54 Housing & lens is MUCH prettier than a '53 though!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X