No announcement yet.

Sound deadening material....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Sound deadening material....

Hey guys,

Has anyone used this stuff? Seems like a good deal for that amount of material!

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Seems a bizarre seller who is unwilling to ship to American States or even Washington DC, personally I'd use someone who doesn't have those restrictions. I have heard that Lizard Skin is a good product which covers easily as it's a liquid.

All the best with your car.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I used a knockoff of Dynamat for my 56 wagon from a company in Canada I found on E-bay. It looked just like Dynamat (but it came in a roll) at about 1/3rd of the price. Installed it side by side with Dynamat no difference from what I could tell. Don't know anything about the product you are showing.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Ok, thanks guys!
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

from a company in Canada I found on E-bay.
          Can you post any contact info? Often, companies will sell direct for considerably less because of the high eBay fees.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Jack, Went and found my invoice. Sometimes being a pack rat is a good thing. Here is the info I have:

Company Name- B-Quiet
            E-mail- www.b-quiet.com
            Address: 3630 14th Ave. N
            Lethbridge, Alberta
            T1H 6E7

Phone - 877-727-8438

I bought this stuff off an e-bay ad. Item # 360055193237 ( don't know if this is the e-bay # or the part #)

Discription on invoice-- Ultimate (B-Quiet)-50sq.ft. -w/Dynamat roller

Price- $109.00 USD, shipping and handling- $25.00

Purchase date 6/4/2008

Let me know if you need anything else.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Many thanks. I'll go direct and relate what happens.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

I don't know how this product compares (with Dynamat, for instance) but I found a [CASO] solution, I purchased a 3 foot wide roll, 33 feet long of aluminum (or aluminium, depending) roof flashing. It's white aluminum on one side with 1/16 inch of asphalt on the other side. I got mine at Minards, it's also available at Home Depot and Lowes. It comes with a peelable cover, when removed exposes a very sticky surface. It won't follow three dimensional curves, but can be easily cut with a shop knife and fit to any inner surface in the car. I plated the entire inner surface of my LC (except the doors) with it and quieted the car down quite a bit. Three years ago it cost $79.00 for the roll.

Comment

If it's not to late to jump on the pile, Here is what I used to cover the interior of the Avanti.

I priced mat of this thickness and this about as good as I could do, price vs product.

Just be a little leary of asphalt coatings on the floor pans close to heat sources. I'll bet the odor gets a little strong on a full bore Banzai Charge above the headers and pipes.

Works quite well.

Bob
                  Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-05-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

No Banzai charges on my '55 LC. No headers, either, single exhaust. I've not noticed any [additional] petroleum smell while driving. Then there's the 1/2 inch foam pad and the 3/4 pile carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                      Seems a bizarre seller who is unwilling to ship to American States or even Washington DC, personally I'd use someone who doesn't have those restrictions.
                      Huh! If I had a dollar, US, Canadian or Australian, for each US Ebay vendor, let alone companies, who made it a firm policy NOT to ship to Canada EVER when for many things it can be done quite easily by chucking it in a USPS envelope or USPS flat rate box....I could have purchased even more stuff sooner. (You think I'd save all those $$$$$$?) Really, its one out of 50 or so US Ebayers. Rare to have a Canadian company do the opposite, unless there are limitations on selling areas due to copyright or similar, or its things that just cannot be shipped over the border by regular companies--like the aerosol cans of paint from SI to me (go figure).

Here is an example from right now: 1964 Studebaker 200 KPH Speedometer NOS #270713475218
                      An American, who is selling a 64 Speedo in kilometers per hour, and who will >>only sell to the US<<, and >>who won't accept any email questions<< so I cannot contact him. I'd bid on it/buy it right now, but how crazy is this? How many Americans want to buy a 1964 200 kph/(125 mph) speedo?????
                      Last edited by Jim B PEI; 03-06-2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

I bought some sound deadening squares from J C Whitney and put them on the firewall and center hump then put the insulation over that and really made a difference.
                        Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
                        Last edited by Carl Purdy; 03-06-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                          If it's not to late to jump on the pile, Here is what I used to cover the interior of the Avanti.

I priced mat of this thickness and this about as good as I could do, price vs product.

Just be a little leary of asphalt coatings on the floor pans close to heat sources. I'll bet the odor gets a little strong on a full bore Banzai Charge above the headers and pipes.

Works quite well.

Bob
                          I'll jump on Bob's wagon... I used the same FatMat brand....I don't remember the name of it as they have the good, better, best, thing going...I think I went middle of the road...Been 2 years...can't remember the exact deal...but it is FatMat...I do like it...priced right and works very well... Ordered it from one of their big dealers in Ohio..they are on e-bay...hope this little tid bit helps...

Comment

Ditto on the Fat Mat. I am very happy with the results.

Comment

Any of you folks get your cars out in the weather? And if so, how are these products so far as holding/trapping moisture?

My interiors are never really weatherproof, so I've always put good paint or other sprayed or brushed product on the floors,
                              and then just carpet so's to allow evaporation.

Comment

Working...
                              X