Drug a 2R11 home today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug a 2R11 home today.

Sure looked sad in the PO's garage this morning, with all the junk in it and around it. But in the light of day, and a little dusting off, it sure looks good, I like the rugged good looks......its too easy to "fall in love" with another one. My wife doesn't help, she wants to keep them all. Its name is Old Blue, and has many stories and memories for my neighbor and late husband who purchased it new. Its had a few body boxes bolted on as the photo shows, but the photos don't show the 1955 259 V/8 and DG auto planted in there. It fired right up, the trans went right into gear, and off I went on a bumpy square tire, and no brake ride around the pasture. Still unsure what I'll do with old blue, 1st thought was to resell it, but now I have 2nd thoughts, my wife thinks we should sell the black and white Transtar and keep this one, I just don't know at this stage. Tomorrow I have a Lark to retrieve from the same place, along with a bunch of manuals, turning wheels, and stuff and assist with the clean up. But in the afternoon I will assess old blue a little more, flush the gas tank, change fuel pump, change oil, clean up some wiring hazards, and see how it runs once fully warmed up. I'll let you know how this shakes out.

sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

Interesting.. Is the entire '55 car steering column used?

Comment

Yes, looks like the column was used with the truck box. The V/8 conversion is really clean overall.
      sigpic
      Ross.
      Riverside, Ca.
      1957 Provincial X2
      1958 Transtar

Comment

I may just have to do the same. Thanks!

Comment

There is just something about those trucks that makes one yearn. And drool.

Comment

Ross, are you still pulling parts and vehicles out of that guy's property? I thought you had already done that. Glad you finally worked it out with the family. Good luck. That one's a keeper.

Comment

Ya know? That truck looks pretty darn good from here. Great starting point for a restoration. Nice find.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

This truck, and a 63 Lark are the last of it. These 2 stayed on for sentimental reasons until the owner could no longer live there. The main bulk of cars went last year, I do however still have some sheet metal, a couple of engines, and various small parts I have not had time to deal with. I am helping the family clean up the house for sale this weekend.
                sigpic
                Ross.
                Riverside, Ca.
                1957 Provincial X2
                1958 Transtar

Comment

Working...
                X