A Few New Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few New Pics

Here are a few new pics of the '54. Getting ready to make upholstery decisions next.
    Attached Files

I really enjoy these posts showing a car coming together.Like the color as well.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Great color of green. My first car was a 54 champion coupe that I spray bombed CalCustom metalflake avacado green!!! I was 11, and the paint was 50 cents a can discontinued at Gibsons!
      I wanted it to turn out like the one in your pix......(it didn't) ;(
      It looks like your having way too much fun! Continue with the good work.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

2nd picture really shows the color nice. Engine is sweet too.
        I've always been a big fan of green on cars. Had 2 buicks in near that color.

Could see some details on your brake pedal? Doing a firewall MC was an engineering challenge on my 52 with such a shallow dash area to work with. I like to see how others did it.

Comment

I, also, like the color. Nice job!!! Continued good travels.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Beautiful. A lot of nice work has taken place here.

Comment

What I like is the area to work around the car. Space envy.

Comment

Thanks. I will be away for the next week and a half, but will forward pics when I return. Bob
                Originally posted by Michidan View Post
                2nd picture really shows the color nice. Engine is sweet too.
                I've always been a big fan of green on cars. Had 2 buicks in near that color.

Could see some details on your brake pedal? Doing a firewall MC was an engineering challenge on my 52 with such a shallow dash area to work with. I like to see how others did it.

Comment

It looks like the Interior decision is just about made for you, with the Rust Color Window Frames, it can be a shade of Brown, or the same as the outside Green, mixing in a totally different Color into the Brown/Green mix probably won't work.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich,
                    I am considering matching the uppermost portion of the board as close as possible to the brown door trim and going with a similar brown fabric headliner. Inserts on boards (now Med. Brown) would go to a cream which would relate to instrument cluster inserts, steering column and wheel. A darker brown on lowest portion of the door. Need to see if 54 regal (brown) yardage will work with new colors. Lots to consider
                    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    It looks like the Interior decision is just about made for you, with the Rust Color Window Frames, it can be a shade of Brown, or the same as the outside Green, mixing in a totally different Color into the Brown/Green mix probably won't work.

Comment

Looks fantastic! I can only hope mine looks as good in the near future. (see signature picture for current state lol)

Comment

Originally posted by 53commander View Post
                        Looks fantastic! I can only hope mine looks as good in the near future. (see signature picture for current state lol)
                        I can do that! lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bob I forgot to call you today, but i will be at the shop at noon tomorrow...Bob
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Looks like the car is coming along. It is absolutely beautiful. Keep the pictures coming.
                            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
                            X