PDA

View Full Version : the difference between a studebaker big six and a studebaker standard six.

wsa
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
hello ,
i have bought an old studebaker from 1926.
On my certificate of title to a motor verhicle is written under de catagorie "type" SDN.
so my question is , can someone tell me , what these means ?
i found out that it has to be a Studebaker big six or Studebaker standard six.
I need these information to repair and restaurate it.
sorry for my bad english , i hope you can understand ist.

regards
wsa

JDP
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM
hello ,
i have bought an old studebaker from 1926.
On my certificate of title to a motor verhicle is written under de catagorie "type" SDN.
so my question is , can someone tell me , what these means ?
i found out that it has to be a Studebaker big six or Studebaker standard six.
I need these information to repair and restaurate it.
sorry for my bad english , i hope you can understand ist.

regards
wsa

SND is probably a Sedan. If we had the serial or body number we could tell you more.

wsa
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
thanks for your answer :)

ok , im not sure what the serial number is:
i have a title number: A35117504
and a vehicle identification number: 1953570
this both numbers a written on the certificate of title to a motor verhicle.
where else can i find de serial or body number ?
thanks for your help !!!

JDP
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks for your answer :)

ok , im not sure what the serial number is:
i have a title number: A35117504
and a vehicle identification number: 1953570
this both numbers a written on the certificate of title to a motor verhicle.
where else can i find de serial or body number ?
thanks for your help !!!

That appears to be a 1926 Standard Six. (serial range 1951351-1954400) The 1926 Big Six numbers started at 2073001.

doug
03-02-2011, 02:00 PM
On the engine side of the firewall should be a tag with body number, body style and trim level. This will tell you much about the car. Share it with us and it can be decoded for you.

dictator27
03-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Welcome, wsa.

Where are you? Wherever that is, I can guarantee you your English is better than my ability with your language. :) Serial number 1953570 identifies it as a Canadian built 1926 model ER Standard 6. As doug says, there should be a tag on the engine side of the firewall on the passenger's (right) side of the car which will have the model - ER - and a letter indicating the body style. A four door sedan is identified by the letter W (mohair upholstery) or S (wool upholstery), a two door sedan by the letter F (wool upholstery only). Under those letters is a number which is the assembly line number for that body. The serial number is on a plate on the left side of the chassis immediately behind the left front wheel. This is a terrible location. Many of them are either badly damaged or missing because of rocks thrown up by the wheel.

Do you have any photographs of the car?

Terry

wsa
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
hey :)

thank you all for your help.
im from austria :)
yes i can upload a picture next week, im not at home at the moment. the problem is, that the car is completley disassembeld ( i hope thats the correct word, i mean we have hundrets of of single parts of the car, because we have still started to repair an restore it.the wheels are finished, and also the engine. also the (auto) body is is nearly finished. all the wooden parts are done, we only have to paint it. its hard to find people who can do all that. the car is that old. i have heard that someone in australia may have party for the car. ill contact him soon.
so i promise i will upload a picture as soon as possible. an i hope i will find the serial number.

regards

wsa
03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
how can i upload a picture ? is it online possible to take one from the internet?