Trunk ornament i.d. needed c1962?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk ornament i.d. needed c1962?

I believe this is a NOS trunk ornament that I plan to list on Ebay. Can anyone tell me the exact application. Thanks.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Looks like its for a 62 GT Hawk. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1298947787

I believe this is a NOS trunk ornament that I plan to list on Ebay. Can anyone tell me the exact application. Thanks.
      Export 63-64 GT Hawk, but you knew that.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Speed 53 View Post
        Looks like its for a 62 GT Hawk. Ed
        Nope, they did not use a plastic emblem, just the Gold metal Hawk and a trim ring.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

After the post I realized the 62 I had many years ago was like JDP described. Neat emblem anyway. Ed

Comment

I used to think it was a Canadian '63 Hawk part but have since discovered that these plain white emblems were fitted to 1963-64 6 cylinder export Hawks. Very nice emblem!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1298947787

Dick,
              I have a NOS version myself & Art Unger asked me the origin a few years ago. We never used them on Australian assembly but believe their origin was in Canada & I have previously heard they were used with 6 cyl export models. Whether that was fully assembled or CKD I cannot confirm.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                Dick,
                I have a NOS version myself & Art Unger asked me the origin a few years ago. We never used them on Australian assembly but believe their origin was in Canada & I have previously heard they were used with 6 cyl export models. Whether that was fully assembled or CKD I cannot confirm.
                I suspect many of the ones around today are left over from my run of 50 white units out of my 500 unit run of reproductions from the 70's. I sold them real cheap once I found there was zero demand.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. Maybe I will just keep it and use it for a coaster (or maybe a frisbee) since it has such a narrow application. No use wasting time and money listing it.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have the same on my Belgium built 1963 GT. If you still sell it, I'm interested. Let me know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X