View Full Version : looking for a part - 53 coupe

02-28-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm looking for the sheet metal piece that runs from fender to fender, below the grill surrounds.
Not the air dam, but the thin support piece for the bottom of the grill surrounds.
Any tips or leads would be appreciated.

Stephen Davis
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM
I believe you are looking for, Panel, lower radiator grille (C-K) Part# 303084P
I bought a NOS piece from SI (Studebaker International) back in August.
it costs me $100.00 plus shipping. You can Call (317) 462-3124 or e-mail jim@studebaker-intl.com
and ask if they can get you that part from South Bend.

02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm a little concerned about putting an NOS part on my car. The body might reject it. lol

03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
well.....you DO have the torch.....

03-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Jim confirmed the part number, but SI doesn't have it.
Anybody have a used one?

03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I got that very part (NOS) a few years back from Bill Fennessey. His business card is on the second last page of TW.

03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Found one, thanks Sal. a little tweaking to fit my front end and all is well.