PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks to George Krem, Bob Palmer and Mike Baker

karterfred88
02-28-2011, 08:48 AM
I took posession of my "new" 1963 Avanti 63R1517, late last week. Many thanks to the members for helping me identify the non-numbers matching "crate engine" JTSH 38 4. It has some carb mixture issues, as it makes your eyes water when running. Found a few obvious problems, heat stove pipe not attached, vacuum hose to the carb dashpot not hooked up , and the hose the the manifold guage off ( a little bit too short to stay on for more than a few minutes--pulls itself off!!). Can't get the dashpot to pop up when closing the throttle quickly. I'll pull the carb top and check for sticky inlet valve next week. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions here, haven't worked on a Stude since 1967, my 63 Hawk Gt and Dad's 64R2 Avanti. Again thanks for helping the new kid on the block with all your research.

Fred

warrlaw1
02-28-2011, 08:51 AM
SDC is all help. And we know who you mean (Bob Palma?). :)

BobPalma
02-28-2011, 10:17 AM
SDC is all help. And we know who you mean (Bob Palma?). :)

A common mistake, I assure you. 'Haven't seen it here for awhile, though...

Our daughter went from the frying pan into the fire when she got married. After 25 years of correcting her Palma surname, she became Kate Marciniec. It rhymes with arsenic; the "e" is silent. So she spends as much time getting that spelling corrected as she did Palma!

But the guy named Smith didn't have nearly as much on the ball as our son-in-law! <GGG>

('Glad to have the Avanti numbers straightened away, Fred.) BP