? Candy or Cabbage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Candy or Cabbage ?

I`m gonna say "Candy" in case one of ya-all own this . Don`t wanna rock the boat here .
    Interesting grill treatment and Another Studebaker saved i say . . .

Hmm, yeah, I think that car was at the Omaha meet, which I believe was part of a trio of two other cars, which entertained the crowd in the parking lot for a couple of afternoons during the meet ....

The owner of the last one is a name everybody should be familiar with especially if you went to Fun Night, and I believe the three cars were supposed to look like that as they were the props .
    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Was that not thr Callihans?
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I thinky that would be them, the Callihans ....
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I vote Cab-dy! If one didn't like this treatment, it wouldn't be too difficult to return to something approaching stock.
          ~Matt Connor
          '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I think you mean Jim & Chris Calhoon.

Comment

The Calhouns.....that's it . Partial points though for remembering that it started with Cal , the rest was a brain fart, at least on my end . Either way, I think those are the folks that have the three neat cars in the pictures .

Comment

Wasn't one of the Calhoons seriously hurt in an auto accident after the Omaha meet?
                Any update on that? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The owner of the brass radiator Stude is a guy named Rocky Finlayson. I don't think that he's a forum regular. I think that he bought it from a Mr. Nelson in Boelus NE back in the 1990s.
                  Last edited by Lothar; 02-26-2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: declarification
                  John
                  1950 Champion
                  W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                  Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                    I`m gonna say "Candy" in case one of ya-all own this . Don`t wanna rock the boat here .
                    Interesting grill treatment and Another Studebaker saved i say . . .

Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                      Jesus wept.
                      Mid 50's Rat Rod, another Studebaker way ahead of its time.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                        Jesus wept.
                        Do not judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.
                        Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

I would hope to hell someone would have the the good sense to ask me what the hell I thought I was doing if I ever built a cobbled up piece of crap like that.
                          I'm not criticising or condemning another person, just an ill conceived, butchered pile of scrap metal.
                          Last edited by Jessie J.; 02-27-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Wulp, lessee how far back Andrews' memories of dirt-track racing really go:

In the early 50's, when regional NASCAR events still went on the posters as "jalopy races," some guys thought there was a big advantage to having a huge radiator out in front like a ramming prow. Obviously since the car was supposed to be sideways most of the time (and this on a mile track!), aerodynamics was not thought to be an issue. Cooling was. My uncle ran an otherwise-straight coupe that had the front butchered almost the same way, to make room for the 6-inch-deep radiator from a Schacht truck. I'm not saying it was right, mind you, just that it happened.

Comment

I've seen this car before. I think the same way of it as I thought of it when I first saw it: It is funny, and takes guts to do it. It isn't like these are super rare, and it was probably a basket case when it started, so, 'why not'? Would I drive it? no. Just because it isn't my taste. Now, if it was in the same condition but not chopped up, I would drive it.

Comment

Working...
                              X