51 Studebaker value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Studebaker value?

In the process of buying a 51 Starlight coupe(I think). Its a solid car with no eng/trans. And I can get it for $3000, have a couple of pics, let me know what you guys think.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

For $3,000, it better be a driver. No engine? I think that's outrageous.

Comment

For $3,000, it better be a driver. No engine? I think that's outrageous.

Comment

I paid $1,000.00 for my rust free 52 Commander that didn't have an engine or transmission. Of course a 51 Starlight is worth more and I bought mine 4 years ago, but I think $3,000.00 is high.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I paid $1,000.00 for my rust free 52 Commander that didn't have an engine or transmission. Of course a 51 Starlight is worth more and I bought mine 4 years ago, but I think $3,000.00 is high.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

heres some pics....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

heres some pics....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

$500.00 maybe? Lotsa work there. It'd be cheaper to buy a nice one already finished.

I think this is one of those situations where somebody is selling a Studebaker who knows nothing about them, but thinks that because it's different or "they don't make those anymore" it's worth a mint.

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

heres some pics....

Comment

$500.00 maybe? Lotsa work there. It'd be cheaper to buy a nice one already finished.

I think this is one of those situations where somebody is selling a Studebaker who knows nothing about them, but thinks that because it's different or "they don't make those anymore" it's worth a mint.

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

heres some pics....

Comment

That is a nice New Yorker.....What is the price of it?

Jeff

Comment

That is a nice New Yorker.....What is the price of it?

Jeff

Comment

Way too much where are you located? There is a 1951 commander Starlight close by me runs needs tires interior redone paint alot cheaper than that. I'd say 500. was high.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                        1957 Silverhawk
                        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Way too much where are you located? There is a 1951 commander Starlight close by me runs needs tires interior redone paint alot cheaper than that. I'd say 500. was high.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                          1957 Silverhawk
                          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          The Prez 1955 President State
                          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Fresno,Ca

Comment

I think 3K is high too.

All of the chrome appears to be damaged or missing. Paint (primer) appears to be on the rubber back window gasket. What else is covered? No picture of interior. I'll bet you can find a pretty good driver for 5K, no major work needed.

Take your time. Time spent to look for the right car now will save you lots of time and money down the road.

Paul

Comment

I think 3K is high too.

All of the chrome appears to be damaged or missing. Paint (primer) appears to be on the rubber back window gasket. What else is covered? No picture of interior. I'll bet you can find a pretty good driver for 5K, no major work needed.

Take your time. Time spent to look for the right car now will save you lots of time and money down the road.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X