63 Skytop Daytona FS in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Skytop Daytona FS in Texas

Just posting for anyone interested. Its not mine and I have no interest.

sals54

Hey Sal,
    Never heard it referred to a curtain slide in roof. Cool Car!

Gordon
    Last edited by laughinlark; 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
      Just posting for anyone interested. Its not mine and I have no interest.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/2184978286.html
      The Craigslist ad say ..."original tach"... Wonder if it could have been a Super Lark? Anyone contact the seller?
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
        The Craigslist ad say ..."original tach"... Wonder if it could have been a Super Lark? Anyone contact the seller?
        Unfortunately, Paul; as we know, the Serial Number listed by the seller makes no sense: 63v8-3591. It can't be 63V83591 because they didn't make 83,000+ V-8 powered cars in 1963. (A pleasant dream, however! <GGG>)

It might be 63V3591, but that would be awfully low for a Daytona Hardtop carrying Body #320.

In any case, 63V3591 is not on the list of JT-powered 1963 Larks and Hawks; the list jumps from 3589 to 3612, with nothing in between. But given the confusion in this advertisement, you are right; it still might be an authentic JT-powered car, once the actual Serial Number is verified.

Body #320 would probably be too low to be a genuine Super-Package car, though. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X