Studebaker Electric Wagon Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Electric Wagon Restoration

Last edited by Bellingham Studenut; 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM.
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

Awesome!
    A great effort to save a very interesting vehicle.
    Thanks for posting and sharing this.
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

James, that is fantastic! Keep us informed of your progress!! Just maybe later this summer after the Can-Am I can check out your place once again as I really want to see that!

More 'as found' photos in this post that shows the amount of progress that has been made so far: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=electric

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 02-23-2011, 11:33 AM. Reason: Added link to previous post.

Comment

Very nice indeed; what a find and well worth restoring. Good news. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Such beautiful wood!! This is an amazing restoration.

Comment

Way cool, and way worthy of your continued efforts.
            Wood working skills of other's awe me.

I know there is much to do, but how do you plan on finishing the wood?
            How was the wood painted/prepared in it's time period,,,,,,shellac....lead paint....whale blubber (being funny cause I don't think so but I had to ask.)

I guess really the big question is what electric motor or battery system are you going to use to move the vehicle.
            Modern battery in wooden cases with hardware to give the look of a by gone Wooden Battery?
            Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 02-23-2011, 07:08 AM.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely brilliant in both concept and execution! Pat all concerned on the back because my arms just aren't long enough.

Comment

Simply Fantastic!

Absolutely Fantastic progress on the Electric Wagon James, it sure does not look like it did when I saw it last at the Museum!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

James,
                  Beautiful workmanship on the body. Boy, I wish I had that kind of talent! By the looks of it, you should be finished when you need to. Best of luck. What you have is truly rare and magnificent.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Stephanie & James we are so proud of you & your achievements with the studebaker museum & 50s dinner.
                    We know how hard you have worked & the sacrifices you have made to achieve this special museum. We love being a part of it.
                    May God bless you .
                    Betty & Bob Lemke
                    Stephanies mother & dad.

Comment

I guess really the big question is what electric motor or battery system are you going to use to move the vehicle.
                      Modern battery in wooden cases with hardware to give the look of a by gone Wooden Battery?

If it helps any, I have a couple of pictures from the Queen Mary meet way back when, that shows a 1902 Studebaker Electric with a Westinghouse Motor on a 48 volt system .
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

C. Studebaker from Ohio used to bring electric cars to SDC meets, but I do not remember any electric commercial vehicles. Someone else brought an electric to the first (1980, IIRC) Gettysburg SDC International.
                        You deserve a lot of credit for undertaking this project. What will propel it?
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post

If it helps any, I have a couple of pictures from the Queen Mary meet way back when, that shows a 1902 Studebaker Electric with a Westinghouse Motor on a 48 volt system .
                          That was probably Barney Radimaker's Car, very rare and in nice condition.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It was this one ....

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

All right!!

Comment

Working...
                              X