53-54 Coupe Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53-54 Coupe Parts

I have the following parts available for a 53-54 Coupe.

Headlight trim rings (pitted but usable).
    Front bumper with factory accessory foglights (rusty but straight and needs rechroming)
    Hood latch and the panel that it bolts into.
    The panel under the hood latch that swoops down over the grills
    A pair of grills with turn signals and surrounds, one small crack and pitted but usable.
    A Solex windshield (nothing fits like an original...)
    A few trim pieces from the windshield
    A blue gauge panel (missing speedo but with a cool Heathkit tach)
    A pair of backup lights (pitted but usable, one good lens)
    A 232 V8 (rockers and intake gone) with two automatic transmissions (all spin freely, good cores)
    A two piece driveshaft with the center support bearing and bracket
    Power steering pump and bracket (spins freely, great core)
    V8 Radiator (tanks are good but needs recore)
    7 hubcaps (the full covers, the ones custom guys use) decent driver shape.

Once again, I have no idea what any of this stuff is worth, probably not much. Maybe you guys need some of this more than the scrap guy does. Located in Azusa, CA or I'm happy to ship and I take PayPal. Thanks!
    Last edited by Schraders; 02-18-2011, 07:20 AM.

Originally posted by Schraders View Post
    I have the following parts available for a 53-54 Coupe.

Headlight trim rings (pitted but usable).
    Front bumper with factory accessory foglights (rusty but straight and needs rechroming)
    Hood latch and the panel that it bolts into.
    The panel under the hood latch that swoops down over the grills
    A pair of grills with turn signals and surrounds, one small crack and pitted but usable.
    A Solex windshield (nothing fits like an original...)
    A few trim pieces from the windshield
    A blue gauge panel (missing speedo but with a cool Heathkit tach)
    A pair of backup lights (pitted but usable, one good lens)
    A 232 V8 (rockers and intake gone) with two automatic transmissions (all spin freely, good cores)
    A two piece driveshaft with the center support bearing and bracket
    Power steering pump and bracket (spins freely, great core)
    V8 Radiator (tanks are good but needs recore)

Once again, I have no idea what any of this stuff is worth, probably not much. Maybe you guys need some of this more than the scrap guy does. Located in Azusa, CA or I'm happy to ship and I take PayPal. Thanks!
    how much are you looking for for the radiator, and do you have any idea how much it would cost to ship to the East Coast? I would kind of like to have one to send off to have a custom rad made, mfgr. insists on having a pattern. Not sure if worth it. (have good '55 radiator recently serviced, but not sure if it's up to an R-1.)

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I'm interested in your grilles,any chance of pictures? Bob

Comment

Also interested in accessary foglamp housings if you are interested in separating from bumper.Thanks. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by N8N View Post
          how much are you looking for for the radiator, and do you have any idea how much it would cost to ship to the East Coast? I would kind of like to have one to send off to have a custom rad made, mfgr. insists on having a pattern. Not sure if worth it. (have good '55 radiator recently serviced, but not sure if it's up to an R-1.)

nate
          I'd like to get $80 plus shipping for the radiator.

Comment

Here's some updated info. The fog lights are mismatched, one is a 53-54 and the other is a 55. I didn't realize until we got them off the bumper. They will clean up nice though, I cleaned part of one with some steel wool and polish in the picture.

The backup lights are a little rough, they will need some good copper work to fill pits before plating.

The grills are good driver quality and are from a '54 Champion. The chrome will clean up nicely on these as well, I cleaned a portion of them so you can see. One of the scripts is broken as well, see the pictures. Again, I really don't know what they are worth so feel free to make an offer. Thanks!

Comment

I hope you are not getting out of Studebaker ownership by selling these things. We need all of the Studebakers we can muster to cruise the highways & byways on Drive Your Studebaker Day! ... I sent you an email about a couple of your parts.

Comment

If you have the '53 dog dish wheel covers with the tristars, they are worth a lot and I mean a lot. Extrememly rare. If they are 54's they are not as rare but still fairly hard to find. I bought some in excellent condition for about $50 each. Your description that they are the ones used by custom guys is too vague. Pictures would be important to show what they are.
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Schraders,

Check your Private messages. I would like the grille / surrounds.

KZ
                  Last edited by kurtruk; 02-21-2011, 02:21 AM.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Grill surrounds sold. Thanks Bob!

Comment

Working...
                    X