PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker service pins used on rings

Studebaker Wheel
02-16-2011, 09:46 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/studeq/newsgroup/IMG_1014.jpg?t=1297914256

Some time ago there was an inquiry made on the forum relative to using the employee service award pins on a ring. Subsequent to that I received a personal message but unfortunately have lost it. I was finally able to find the four that I had and am including them in the above photo.

The one on the far right is a 30ís era John M. Studebaker pin that the owner must have worn continually for many years since all of the detail is worn away. The second from right is a 20-year pin (the highest of this type made) and it is probably the most professional job in that the pin appears to be set into a recess so as to fit flush. The third is a 25 year red ball and this one is quite professional looking. The last, a five year, is quite crudely done with the pin setting atop the ring with epoxy attaching it to the ring. I suspect that some of these were done at the factory as spare time projects. I also have a few tie clasps that were adorned with the service pins. I would be interested in seeing any others.

Chris Pile
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Neat stuff, Dick!
Gives me some ideas.

HAWK64
02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Dick,
I will photograph the 20 year J M Studebaker version I have & email to you along with a 15 year example. Both are extremely nice. I am yet to learn the technique for pasting a photo on the Forum.

kmul221
02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I am sending you two rings a friend has for sale,don't know if he wants too much or not.One is a 15yr.ring the other is a 35 yr. ring,both are in very good shape.Please post your opinion.See your PM for message