It's time to sell cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to sell cars

Due to the economy and forces beyond my control,I wiil be putting up a significant amount of cars from my collection for sale. I will start with some of my project cars and then later the restored cars.I have been putting this off until the last moment, but the time has come.Please bare with me,as I am not very good with computers.The best way to contact me is by phone 970-381-0147.Here's a list of some of the cars I wiil start with:
    1945 m-15
    1954 Conastoga Commander
    1951 Comm.Starlight
    1950 champ.Starlight
    2-1952 Comm.hardtops
    1958 Packard hardtop
    1958 Packard Hawk
    1956 Golden Hawk
    1963 Lark Custom Skytop 2dr
    1963 Zip van
    1963 R-2 Hawk,63 Chicago show car,63 Motor Trend cover car
    1938 K-10 Fast Transport narrow box

Thanks,Steve
    36 Dictator cpe
    36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
    37 Coupe express R-2
    50 Champion convert
    54 champion cpe
    59 3/4 p/up 4wd
    63 Custom R-2
    63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
    63 Avanti R-2
    63 Avant1 R-2
    64 Commander R-1
    64 Challenger R-3
    58 Packard hawk
    64 Champ
    2-63 Wagonaire's
    62 E40 Transtar
    55 3/4 T pickup
    64 Daytona
    Brand X :
    70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Steve..
    I live in Conifer Colorado.. Any chance I could come out and see your collection?
    Thanks in advance..
    Ron Husak
    303-618-8840

Originally posted by studebakersteve View Post
    Due to the economy and forces beyond my control,I wiil be putting up a significant amount of cars from my collection for sale. I will start with some of my project cars and then later the restored cars.I have been putting this off until the last moment, but the time has come.Please bare with me,as I am not very good with computers.The best way to contact me is by phone 970-381-0147.Here's a list of some of the cars I wiil start with:
    1945 m-15
    1954 Conastoga Commander
    1951 Comm.Starlight
    1950 champ.Starlight
    2-1952 Comm.hardtops
    1958 Packard hardtop
    1958 Packard Hawk
    1956 Golden Hawk
    1963 Lark Custom Skytop 2dr
    1963 Zip van
    1963 R-2 Hawk,63 Chicago show car,63 Motor Trend cover car
    1938 K-10 Fast Transport narrow box

Thanks,Steve
    Ron Husak
    Conifer, CO
    Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

You bet!Just call
      36 Dictator cpe
      36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
      37 Coupe express R-2
      50 Champion convert
      54 champion cpe
      59 3/4 p/up 4wd
      63 Custom R-2
      63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
      63 Avanti R-2
      63 Avant1 R-2
      64 Commander R-1
      64 Challenger R-3
      58 Packard hawk
      64 Champ
      2-63 Wagonaire's
      62 E40 Transtar
      55 3/4 T pickup
      64 Daytona
      Brand X :
      70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

Steve..
        I will call when I get home from South Bend..
        Ron

Originally posted by studebakersteve View Post
        You bet!Just call
        Ron Husak
        Conifer, CO
        Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
        63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Steve- any pictures of the Skytop? Didn't see it on your site.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

"To whom it may concern:"

If you want a piece of history, here's your chance.

Note that Steve is offering the unrestored 1963 Super Hawk that appeared on the front cover, and was road-tested within, the June 1963 issue of Motor Trend magazine. I saw the car when visiting Steve with cousin George Krem in July 2009. It was only shedded but was on a trailer, so it wasn't sitting on the ground or anything. It does need a complete restoration but has few (if any) rust issues and is indeed the complete, relatively unmolested, documented Motor Trend cover car.

It would be a good score for someone who wants provenance to accompany a worthy restoration. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Note that Steve is offering the unrestored 1963 Super Hawk that appeared on the front cover, and was road-tested within, the June 1963 issue of Motor Trend magazine. I saw the car when visiting Steve with cousin George Krem in July 2009. It was only shedded but was on a trailer, so it wasn't sitting on the ground or anything. It does need a complete restoration but has few (if any) rust issues and is indeed the complete, relatively unmolested, documented Motor Trend cover car.

It would be a good score for someone who wants provenance to accompany a worthy restoration. BP
              Did Motor Trend test two '63 R2 Hawks? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=bellingham

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Did Motor Trend test two '63 R2 Hawks? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=bellingham

Craig
                A good point, Craig!

Steve's Hawk is most likely the red one on the cover, whereas it appears a white one was tested inside. I have a copy of the magazine and just looked it up. You can just barely see enough of the license plate on the cover car to tell it is not the same plate number as on the car tested within the magazine. Steve's car is the red one, though, so it probably made for a prettier cover that would what appears to be a white one inside. (The article is black & white only, so you cannot determine the tested car's color with certainty.)

The article's text does state that they road-tested two separate cars, breaking the rear muffler brackets on both of them! They also state the tested car was ordered without radio or heater, and the car tested indeed does not have a radio or heater...nor does the unrestored "cover car" here offered by Steve Doerschlag!

Hence, we might conclude Steve's offering is the car on the cover and was one of two they evaluated for the written report. It would appear Steve's car was not the one used for the black & white photos within the article, although it was tested along with the "inside photo shoot car."

And in the course of the road test, they referenced "the supercharged R-1 engine."

Oh, well....BP
                Last edited by BobPalma; 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM.
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

In my fantasy world, that GT Hawk would be on a trailer with 3-5 more heading east while another load went west to Sal. It would keep us busy doing are ebay thing for a bit. We need to handle Pat's collection this month first.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Steve's Hawk is most likely the red one on the cover, whereas it appears a white one was tested inside.
                    NOW is James' chance to get the two of them back together again!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      NOW is James' chance to get the two of them back together again!!

Craig
                      The car on the cover had a black 1/2 top (not vinyl, but painted black) and was used for the Hughes 269-A helicopter article in the magazine.
                      Interesting to note that at that time over 40 car dealerships were established as auto-helicopter dealers in the US.

The test car car in the article is clearly white in all 6 pages with 14 pictures.
                      It mentions "Our Test car, in which we logged over 1300 miles, was actually a prototype model lacking several of the items that will be on showroom versions.
                      The final stat's and performance spells out the detail of the test car, including the odometer reading at start of the test: 250 miles.

If Steves car had the black painted 1/2 top, it likely was the one shown on page 35 in the helicopter article and the cover.
                      I wouldn't mind restoring it along with the white prototype test car!

James
                      Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                      Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Marvelous website, wonderous collection! It's so wonderful that there are people who can do so much. Your red and white Transtar is especially nice. I do hope things turn around for you soon.
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The June 1963 Motor Trend is about as cool as a cover shot can get!
                          I've been ogling it on my desktop for months!
                          Out of curiosity, anyone know how the car fared in the Road Test?
                          Attached Files
                          Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                            The June 1963 Motor Trend is about as cool as a cover shot can get!
                            I've been ogling it on my desktop for months!
                            Out of curiosity, anyone know how the car fared in the Road Test?
                            If you mean performance figures, Andy, the road test indicates the following for an R2/Powershift Hawk with 3.73:1 axle:

0-30: 3.5 seconds
                            0-45: 5.7 seconds
                            0-60: 8.5 seconds

Standing-start 1/4-mile: 16.8 seconds @ 85.2 MPH

Top Speed is not specified, which is probably a good idea: The hood might have flown up! <GGG> BP

Comment

Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut View Post
                              If Steves car had the black painted 1/2 top, it likely was the one shown on page 35 in the helicopter article and the cover. I wouldn't mind restoring it along with the white prototype test car!
                              James: Looks like the one! Steve's page clearly shows it with the black painted forward section of the roof: http://www.studebakersteve.com/gpage8.html And its front and center in this photo from Richard Quinn: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=broadcloth

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X