Studebaker Wrecker on Racin Junk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Wrecker on Racin Junk.

This has probably been posted without me knowing. There is what appears to be the correct bed of a wrecker. Also has the 3/4 ton Budd wheels too.

Gordon

Hard to tell. He says it is a '58. Looks like a '54 grille, later Transtar trim on the cab. If those are the original wheels, it might make it a one-ton, as they weren't used on 3/4t after early '56. Wish he'd have given the nomenclature.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Could be a good deal if it is at least a 1 ton. I know in California, unless all the wheels of the towed vehicle (such as on a flatbed) are not on the ground of the towed vehicle, one must have an addition to the registration to cover any towed vehicle. How much they get for that I dont know, but I'm sure this isnt the only state that requires that.

Put a nice MAACO paint job & a modern drivetrain in it & you could have a good mover.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

This truck has been on the Dallas Craigslist for about a month. Owner only seems to know what they were told about it and they were told it's a '58 inspite of the grill looking more like a '56. Rear axle is a single wheel. Bed photo I was sent from the rear looks like someone took a factory 8 ft bed and cut and bent the rear wall portions to the rounded shape resembling vintage wrecker and added the huge wraparound bumper. Looks like a set of bucket seats in it also from one pic of the rear window area.
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

My guess is that the 56 grille is off of a different truck. The hood and door trim look right for a 58. I have seen other Stude wreckers with the bed cut like that, so it could have been that way its whole working life. Not a bad looking truck if a person really wanted a Studebaker based wrecker.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looks like it has the holes on the front fender for the fiberglass grill. Someone probably swapped the grill. Might be a one ton with deluxe trim.

Gordon

Comment

Wrong!

You guys are all wrong... look carefully at the header in the ad where it clearly identifies this as a futuristic Studebaker - a "11958" model.
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
              X