Stromberg WW Carburetor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromberg WW Carburetor Question

The Stromberg WW carburetor in my GT Hawk has developed a small crack in the base. I have found what appears to be a brand new Stromberg WW carb as a replacement however it has been sitting in a cabinet for 20 years and has developed a little corrosion so that all the parts do not move freely. Any suggestions as to what would be the best thing to use to free up these parts? The carb itself looks brand new and does not need cleaning, I just need to free up some of the moving parts. Thanks

If Kroyal, PB Blaster, Marvel Mystery Oil etc. fail, there is not much choice but to disassemble and polish the offending throttle shaft.

The other "moving" parts are: the Choke butterfly, the Vacuum piston in the Choke housing, and the Accelerator Pump.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

True! Once the fuel reaches the carb there's no such thing as almost functional.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I would recommend replacing the gaskets and the accelerator pump plunger as the plunger is made of leather and I'll guarantee that it has shrunk and has hardened over the years. Bud

Comment

Working...
        X