Found a Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Speedster

It's a abandoned street rod project, but he did not get as far as clipping the frame or doing a Mouse motor. I'll look at it in a few days, but the price seems good. No, he does not have the Speedster trim. Do you think I can flip it, as-is in the 7K-8K range to a rodder ? He has a lot more in it and it is a driveway runner. He'll include a extra frame, a Nova sub frame, and some other parts.
    JDP Maryland

It's resale red!

Comment

Retro shifter too.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Neat looking car, though it's missing some parts and the stock interior, it's one I wouldn't be ashamed to drive to a SDC meeting in.
        A red hardtop, what's not to like?

I'd imagine restoring it to stock would be a financially foolish proposition....I'm I correct?
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
          Neat looking car, though it's missing some parts and the stock interior, it's one I wouldn't be ashamed to drive to a SDC meeting in.
          A red hardtop, what's not to like?

I'd imagine restoring it to stock would be a financially foolish proposition....I'm I correct?
          Pretty much out of the question, 3K for a interior, another 3-4 K for chrome and trim, than you still have non stock paint. It could be done, but not by me. I'm hoping he did not trash the fog lamps, but he does not have the side trim for example.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

The right person might think it's worth $8K, but there aren't many of those "right" people around for this car. Just IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
              The right person might think it's worth $8K, but there aren't many of those "right" people around for this car. Just IMO.
              8K would be detailed under hood and the rest, and made a driver. More like 7K just road worthy.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Speedster for sale on Ebay and Dallas Craigslist (same one) Looks fantastic for the price! Has correct interior too. Why haven't you bought it?
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

What is a top quality Spedster worth? I realize the restoration cost is high, but if the model is worth 30-40K is it worth doing?
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                    What is a top quality Spedster worth? I realize the restoration cost is high, but if the model is worth 30-40K is it worth doing?
                    Referring to the modified Speedster that is the subject of this topic/thread - IMO - It may be worth $25K-$30K after you put $30K+ into it to restore it (not counting initial cost). Besides the money, it would be a real chore locating all of the missing bits. To me, the value in this car is as a modified car. Running and driving, it should be worth $7K-$8K to someone.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X