Champ Floor Shifter Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Floor Shifter Boot

Does anyone know if the SI shifter boot, #1339521, for 61-64 Larks & Hawks w/4 speed would fit the '63 Champ? Would figure the Champ shifter opening in the floor would be the same as the Lark.

Does your '63 Champ have a truck 4-speed? If it does, then most likely the car 4-speed boot won't just 'interchange'.

If you have retrofitted a T-10 4-speed in your '63 Champ, it might if you used the fibreglass tower and have the chrome retainder that holds the boot down to the 'glass tower.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I used an 80's Chevy truck shifter boot for my Champ 4 speed (not the T-10 type). Dont know on their availability now that most trucks are made with automatics.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The best one I have found is off a 65 or 66 Plymouth Furry 4 speed.

Comment

The Champ was modified from column 3-speed to floor 3-speed (no hange in the trans itself), and the stick is in the opening on the side of the trans hump where the 4-speed would have gone, I believe...? May be easiest to find and try a 80 Chevy truck boot at the salvage yard to start. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by GTCruiser View Post
            The Champ was modified from column 3-speed to floor 3-speed (no hange in the trans itself), and the stick is in the opening on the side of the trans hump where the 4-speed would have gone, I believe...? May be easiest to find and try a 80 Chevy truck boot at the salvage yard to start. Thanks for the help.
            GT

Why not just buy a new one. This may not be the exact one you want but LMC has a great selection of truck parts at good prices. So check out their catalogs for all truck makes.

Bob

Comment

Bob: You are right. Will be buying a new one. Found that JEGS has a large assortment also. Thanks

Comment

It sounds like you just have an ordinary aftermarket "Conversion Kit", side mount floor shifter, any Mr. Gasket or whatever Auto Parts Store shifter boot and retainer will work on that.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You are right. Have ordered new boot from JEGS.

Comment

Working...
                  X