Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuxedo Lark Candy

1962 Studebaker Lark Regal by Dmentd, on Flickr

I know some of you won't like the two-tone, but it reminds me of the "tuxedo" treatment they used to give VW Beetles back in the day. Classy!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Showbizkid..
    Really beautiful car.. Wide Whites and all..
    Ron

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

1962 Studebaker Lark Regal by Dmentd, on Flickr

I know some of you won't like the two-tone, but it reminds me of the "tuxedo" treatment they used to give VW Beetles back in the day. Classy!
    Ron Husak
    Conifer, CO
    Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Very well done..

Comment

The car appears to be in excellent condition.
        For me, I don't like the way that the two-tone leaves off at an artificial point (the end of a panel, not a design line) and the whitewalls are too wide for 1962.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

For me, it would look better if that two-tone line had extended to the front panel, then taped off nicely with a downward swoop into the grille.

Comment

Originally posted by 65cruiser View Post
            For me, it would look better if that two-tone line had extended to the front panel, then taped off nicely with a downward swoop into the grille.
            EXACTLY! My 63 Daytona Wagonaire was two-toned exactly that way at the front when I first got it.

Comment

Nice car; one of the lesser Regal convertibles in one of the few years in which two levels of convertible models were offered.

(Attention Bob Andrews: If you can peel your pearly whites off the Hugger Orange 1969 Z/28 Camaro in the background, there is a Studebaker in the posted photo...<GGG>)
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like it too with the exception of the two tone. I would have carried it to just before the grille, then break it off & over the grille about an inch back. Painting the entire front end panel makes it look almost like a used part from another car.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I remember seeing the car at the 2009 La Palma meet. I thougth at the time the header panel looked added on based on the paint scheme, but still a nice car.

Mark

Comment

When It comes to two-toning these larks, sometimes one has to use his imagination. I've a few different treatments and each one is neat in its own way. Personally, I like the lines mine has the best, but this one looks good. I love the colors!
                    Last edited by tutone63; 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

You can get the whitewalls too wide????? looks great to me. Not everyone cares about a 100% correct car.

They'd look worse if they were too narrow.
                      Last edited by clonelark; 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        (Attention Bob Andrews: If you can peel your pearly whites off the Hugger Orange 1969 Z/28 Camaro in the background, there is a Studebaker in the posted photo...<GGG>)
                        Wow, you can hear my heart pounding over all that distance?!?

I agree, that would be even better with the white extended around the header.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                        X