Spotted a Transtar?? Northwest Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted a Transtar?? Northwest Arkansas

Was given a tip that there was a Stude pickup in a local impound yard. The guy at the yard wants his impound fee. Was told that the owner of the truck was very proud of it, but no so proud of it that he's gotten it out of impound! His 90 days is up on the 8th. Don't know if it runs, or if it's complete. I couldn't get a better angle on it, looks like a 1/2 ton?? What's reasonable $$ and is anyone interested enough for me to pursue?
    Attached Files

Looks great! Oh yes there is a market....I'd drive down from Canada for it! Somehow got an addiction for old stude trucks..

Comment

Am I seeing a coil spring and a lower control arm on that truck?
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

It sure looks that way to me...what's it supposed to have?

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
          It sure looks that way to me...what's it supposed to have?
          A straight axle with a stack of leaf springs on each side.

Comment

Can't see much in the photo. You guys must have huge monitors, overcompensating for...poor eyesight. Maybe I should get one, too, but I'm overcompensating for CASO.

Is the yard owner just wanting the impound fee? That would be considerable after 90 days, wouldn't it? Can you get in the yard in daylight hours to get a closer look? I know, there's that snow. But let's just say the truck's worth it and someone's willing. Ozarkman, are you or someone else able to hold the truck until someone can swing by to pick it up? In my case, that's the first week or so of April.

Comment

I live about 30 minutes or so from the yard. It could sit at my house for a few months if anyone needed, and I won't charge for the "cat scan" that old Tom will give it! I'm not sure if any of that white stuff will melt off before the 8th, and we are scheduled to get a little more between now and then. The nose is kinda high, so it might not even have an engine. The biggest issue I would have it getting it home...the 2 rear tires look to be flat. The only extra tires/wheels I have are 5 on 5.5. I might be able to get a closer look at lunch tomorrow, it's about 10 minutes away from the office.

I apologize for the bad picture, cellphone through the frozen window, and it had just warmed up to about 5* by 9am. We were below 0 last night....brrrrrr! So I wasn't about to get out and walk around.

Comment

Fred, Joe's is always up for another truck if the price is right. Unless the suspension swap is a quality one the truck is probably parts.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

It appears to me that the cab may be sitting on a brand X type chassis since it appears to have a coil spring front suspension.
                  Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                  Fred, Joe's is always up for another truck if the price is right. Unless the suspension swap is a quality one the truck is probably parts.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Yeah...I'm probably not gonna get back up there to look at it before the 8th. It's snowing up here again today! You can't save 'em all!

Comment

Working...
                    X