Studebaker sighting in RUSH documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker sighting in RUSH documentary

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage is an awesome documentary of the Canadian prog-rock power trio.

The childhood snapshot of guitar virtuoso Alex Lifeson hit me like the opening power chord of 2112.
    It looks to be a '59 Hawk in his parents' Toronto area driveway?

FWIW, if you are/were ever a fan of Rush, you will love this documentary that covers 40 years of musical creativity and genuine friendships.
    Andy
    62 GT

Thanks for the heads up...I'm gonna check that out..Rush rocks!!! Neil Perth is probably the best drummer of our time..Thanks again!!

Comment

GIGANTIC Rush fan here! IMO Working Man is the greatest rock song ever written. More music in that seven-plus minutes than in five lesser bands' songs!

BTW- just for accuracy's sake, the best drummer of our time's name is spelled 'Peart'.

Got no time for livin', yeah, I'm workin' all the time.
      Seems to me I could live my life
      A lot better than I think I am
      I guess that's why they call me
      They call me the workin' man
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob, if Working Man is your favorite Rush song, you are going to LOVE its role in the doc.
        I won't give anything away, because there's great joy in seeing it unfold in the narrative.

BTW, the movie is low profile enough that it showed up one day after adding it to our Netflix que.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

I am noting the title, and will look forward to seeing that. Thanks!!
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Not bad for a trio of dropouts from Toronto.....Getty hit his peak with background vocals on the Doug and Bob Christmas Album
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Saw it on PBS late last year.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Longtime Rush fan here.
                However, Neil is hardly the premier drummer of our time.
                Don't make me list all the guys better than him - you obviously don't listen to much jazz.
                (I didn't say he was a slouch, OK?)
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                  Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage is an awesome documentary of the Canadian prog-rock power trio.

The childhood snapshot of guitar virtuoso Alex Lifeson hit me like the opening power chord of 2112.
                  It looks to be a '59 Hawk in his parents' Toronto area driveway?

FWIW, if you are/were ever a fan of Rush, you will love this documentary that covers 40 years of musical creativity and genuine friendships.
                  Alex and family got into a big ruckus with police and security at the Naples Ritz-Carlton on New Years Eve, 2003. Alex received a facial injury and eventually received a settlement from the Ritz-Carlton. It may be old news, as I don't know how much attention it received away from Naples.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                  X