Are the floor mats original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the floor mats original

Can you buy these anywhere, i don't care for the repo script mats.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
    Can you buy these anywhere, i don't care for the repo script mats.
    I wish! I wish Ed would reproduce them. I've been looking for NOS red front mats for my '63 as long as I've owned it. Came across a NOS pair at York a couple years ago, but the seller would only trade for NOS black, which I didn't have (sigh).
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

I have a pair of script floor mats I bought from Ed Reynolds and am very pleased with them. They really dress up the inside of my Lark.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I too wish someone would repro these mats -- even if they were only done in black.

Some of the original colors were pretty bright, especially the blue and red. Looked for years to get a full set (front and back -- yes, there is a matching back mat) for my '64 Daytona in red, but boy the red is BRIGHT.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

One item I hated to pass on, but just didn't know what I'd do with them, were the hundreds (and I do mean hundreds) of NOS General Motrors accessory floor mats, most in original boxes, that were sold here in Brownsburg when Blanck Chevrolet Company was put out of business last year.

At their huge general auction, the mats did get purchased as a lot by what looked like a collector/vendor for cheap, so at least they didn't go into a dumpster.

'Sure were a lot of them. Maybe 60% from / for the 1960s; the remainder split between the 50s and 70s. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I still have the black mats that I got with my '63 but they are in sad shape. I wonder if Shrocks could be talked in to reproductions?
            My '63 Accessories booklet calls them "Custom Carpet Protectors" and indicates they were available in red, blue, green, brown, black and white.

I'll contact Shrocks.
            Last edited by rockne10; 02-02-2011, 07:10 PM. Reason: added details
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If someone is willing to reproduce them, I have a rear mat I'd donate.

Comment

How many years and models are they correct for? Additionally, there are Rights and Lefts. (Plus front and rear if you want.) That's a lot of very big ($$$$) molds. I don't think Shrocks would do it. But plenty of places in China would. I'm continually amazed what they will tool up for.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Should fit all Lark types with suspended pedals.
                  I have the left and right, Matthew has the rear (should be one long mat).
                  Hard to say.
                  Tom & Dave reproduced running board covers for the Rockne 65 and 10 knowing there would be a very limited market and, I think, they have sold one set. If I had extra money to spend they would have sold two.
                  Last edited by rockne10; 02-02-2011, 07:26 PM.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have an NOS set in blue.

Bob Langer
                    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Oh my, those are some really neat floor mats. It would be cool indeed if they were reproduced!
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I have a worn left front for an Avanti. Doing a repro with what we know & expect today would make them alot more desireable than even the originals. The improvements could be those little "knubs" that grip into the carpet to hold it in place. On my 66 even the heal pad had the "S" moulded in, which would be a great addition for those replacing their carpets.
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                        X