Arizona Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Car Show

Whats the date of the big car show in Yuma Arizona in early March?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

March 4-6 Bob. I am not going as I will have company but Denny L. (green53) is. It is limited to 750 cars, prentry required. See more at www.caballerosdeyuma.org Come on down and join the rest of the 250,000 canucks holed up here to wait out the winter! It is called "Midnight at the Oasis"
    Some of your countrymen put on a snowball fight here (machine made) on TV this morning just so they would not get homesick!
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM. Reason: web address correction
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I wish I could be there! Yuma is a nice place for a car show. It's -30C here this morning, so the Yuma weather is looking mighty fine from here!

But it looks like I will have steady work here, right into breakup.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Even us here in Sun City will be shivering with a high temp of 12 C or 53 F later this week after above normal temps in the mid 70's or around 24 C the last few days. Car shows go on all year here. We went to a cruise-in Friday and then a show with free lunch on Saturday and two more cruise-ins later and an 85 car street rod picnic Sunday in Casa Grande. Only one Studebaker there (ours).

Originally posted by gordr View Post
        I wish I could be there! Yuma is a nice place for a car show. It's -30C here this morning, so the Yuma weather is looking mighty fine from here!

But it looks like I will have steady work here, right into breakup.
        Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-31-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Thanks Frank , guess we'll be a little late. Plan on York then heading your way . We have friends in Sun City , plan on visiting them .
          sigpic

Comment

Ok Bob, give me a call and I'll buy you a "beverage" of your choice when you come down to help you thaw out! We will be here until April 1st. cell# four-zero-two six-five-seven five-three-one-eight.
            Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
            Thanks Frank , guess we'll be a little late. Plan on York then heading your way . We have friends in Sun City , plan on visiting them .
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I'll be sure to enter your cell in mine!
              sigpic

Comment

The Midnight at the Oasis car show has expanded to almost 1000 cars. Cars are parked on grass so easier on the knees to walk around. My wife and I are very excited to show our "Studebird" for the first time. Another website with all the details is http://www.midnightattheoasis.net/ Hopefully the Yuma (warmest city in U.S.) weather will cooperate.
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I'm looking forward to attending this year. I looked at their website recently and it didn't say sold out so I emailed them about getting in. They responed by saying send in your money and we will put you on a wait list. Got my confirmation Friday. Yahoo. I will take the 40 President rod this time.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                    Even us here in Sun City will be shivering with a high temp of 12 C or 53 F later this week after above normal temps in the mid 70's or around 24 C the last few days. Car shows go on all year here. We went to a cruise-in Friday and then a show with free lunch on Saturday and two more cruise-ins later and an 85 car street rod picnic Sunday in Casa Grande. Only one Studebaker there (ours).
                    One of our members who you may have met in Moose Jaw with the gray 2R5 e-mailed me to say he can't make it to the meeting tomorrow night. He didn't hesitate to inform me its 78 and sunny down there in Yuma while my outside thermometer reads -15 F! Grrrrrr. How long he's there for, I'm not sure, but I bet he'll attend if he still is.

Craig

Comment

Sadly the Moose Jaw meet with time has sort of become a blur Craig, I do have some fond memories of being there but not so much of the individual attendees per se. I recall your judging expertise and the Evan Davis's, the Searcy's and the Farmers but thats about it. I had heard of more than a few Canadians holed up in Yuma. Even Studebaker people!
                      Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      One of our members who you may have met in Moose Jaw with the gray 2R5 e-mailed me to say he can't make it to the meeting tomorrow night. He didn't hesitate to inform me its 78 and sunny down there in Yuma while my outside thermometer reads -15 F! Grrrrrr. How long he's there for, I'm not sure, but I bet he'll attend if he still is.

Craig
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Guess where Ingvar Vik is as we speak. I received a call from another Stude winter visitor but mistakenly erased his number. Hope he will forgive me and try again.-Tim Painter in toasty Yuma
                        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Yes I guess Ingvar hangs out here in AZ too Tim. I have met him at Chapter functions in the past.

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                          Guess where Ingvar Vik is as we speak. I received a call from another Stude winter visitor but mistakenly erased his number. Hope he will forgive me and try again.-Tim Painter in toasty Yuma
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

You guys are killing me. More snow and an ice storm headed this way in the next two days. What a winter...

Comment

Ingvar was at our house a couple of months ago. We plan to see him in Yuma.

Denny

Comment

Working...
                              X