Another Chapter gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Chapter gone...

The Michiana Chapter, one of the oldest, and most progressive of all has now gone on Facebook. Read all about it below:

MICHIANA CHAPTER NOW ON FACEBOOK!

In keeping with the times, and technology, we have started a place on Facebook for the Michiana Chapter. If you have a Facebook account please "friend" us! Also, when you take pictures at all of our events during the season, please share them on the Michiana Chapter's Facebook page. If you haven’t tried Facebook, it’s free, and it’s a fun way to get and keep in touch with friends. Our name on Facebook is Michiana Chapter Sdc. Check us out!!!
    Last edited by Welcome; 01-31-2011, 03:36 AM.

I tried but nobody has accepted me as a friend.

Comment

LOL. I ignore all those friend requests. Keep a low profile and it won't come back to haunt you. My friend's 16 year old came along to "help" him move. Sat on a chair staring at his cell phone all day. What a waste of oxygen.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Facebook?

Yeah I think you are right...they are GONE! Gone to cyberspace. Too bad, they were some nice people!

We will miss them here on EARTH!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't do Facebook. I'm what you might call "low tech".

Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I wo'nt tell you what I think of Facebook !!!
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              I tried but nobody has accepted me as a friend.
              Welcome to the story of my life.

<G>
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It's time we join together and overthrow Facebook! We can start our own social gathering site and name it 'Studebook'! Don't worry Bob Andrews, everyone named 'Bob' is accepted.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                  It's time we join together and overthrow Facebook! We can start our own social gathering site and name it 'Studebook'! Don't worry Bob Andrews, everyone named 'Bob' is accepted.
                  Did you mean all Bob's would be "excepted" Brent?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by HookedonStudies View Post
                    Did you mean all Bob's would be "excepted" Brent?!?!?
                    SAAAY, WAIT a minute.........

My Mom said I was cool...
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      SAAAY, WAIT a minute.........

My Mom said I was cool...
                      Umm, cool? I believe the word you are looking for is 'special'.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        Umm, cool? I believe the word you are looking for is 'special'.
                        Dang, you DO know me..............
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Back to the topic, businesses everywhere really have been pushing Facebook and other social media methods to draw in new crowds and their cash. I hope it works for the Michiana Chapter, but Facebook has always felt too much like sheep following the flock of the day for me. The "faces" on here are enough with whom to deal Stude-wise! Most SDC meets I attend don't look like the Facebook crowd to me, so maybe that's the idea.

Comment

Facebook et al

Well, I grasp the fact the Michiana folks are trying to attract new members via new technologies... and I applaud their motives, but while I was watching the news tonight there was a story about an online dating service that had their accounts hacked and now their clients personal info (several million of them according to the news) is being held for ransom.

It's stuff like this - and the fact that just about any 10 year old seems to be able to hack any type of online database that leads me to believe that less online presence (i.e. personal information) is better.

I'll continue to visit this Forum and other similar sites, use e-mail and the like, but I have no interest in provding my personal (and boring to most) information to some website for a bunch of people I don't know to read and potentially use against my personal interests.

I guess I must be getting "old", because I just don't see the point of most of this stuff.
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander

Comment

I was forced into opening a Facebook account. I was reading an electrical systems tech series of about 15 segments. When I got to about 12 they inexplicably put the next two segments on their Facebook page Also, more and more companies are offering bargains and discounts only accessible on Facebook

My page has zero info on it. I've had tons of 'friend' requests and have rejected them. I did accept my sister and Brad Johnson and Phil Harris, so I guess I'll accept them since I don't want people to think it's anything to do with them that I've refused them. It's easy enough for people to misunderstand as it is...

So if you want to look me up on Facebook I'm there. Just don't take offense if there's nothing there and I don't respond to posts... and I don't see friend requests for a week or so
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X