Does anyone have a factory photo with "Studebaker Lic plate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a factory photo with "Studebaker Lic plate"

Did they look like this in 1963? OK, looking through stuff I have shows LARGE year across the plate for 1961, 62 62 64.. Has anyone seen one like the ad here?

Wow!
    Last edited by (S); 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM. Reason: found 1 picture but still not sure

A chapter member gave me Ed Reynold's book Studebaker Lark 1959 - 1966 Photo Archive. All the photos in the book are factory photos. I have scanned two pages out of the book. They show license plates simlair to the one currently on ebay. There weren't any photos from the book with 1963 license plates other than 1963. The 64 listed below os from Canada, so could be from there and not the US.

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks bullet! Canadian or not, should look good on a SB 63 R2 Hawk eh?

Comment

It would look beautiful and rare and unique! Good luck!

Mark

Comment

That red 1963 GT plate was a Canadian dealer showroom plate. I used to have one that was mint.
          I also had a 1964 Studebaker plate, same as the one on e-Bay except in the correct 1964 red color.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
            Did they look like this in 1963? OK, looking through stuff I have shows LARGE year across the plate for 1961, 62 62 64.. Has anyone seen one like the ad here?

Wow!
            That is pretty cool, Mike. Art confirming it makes it even better. I've never seen that one, ever, over the years.

Comment

I've seen ONLY 2, and now this one (unless it's one of the two?).

Comment

I'm betting that's going to be valuable one for the license plate collectors, as I have never seen anything remote to a non state, factory plate, with the year and model on it. It will be like the formatted only for two digit, full size 1955 year plate I saw years ago. It had "55" and was about half the size of a normal IL plate, and the dealer was asking about 1000 dollars for the plates.
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                  I'm betting that's going to be valuable one for the license plate collectors, as I have never seen anything remote to a non state, factory plate, with the year and model on it. It will be like the formatted only for two digit, full size 1955 year plate I saw years ago. It had "55" and was about half the size of a normal IL plate, and the dealer was asking about 1000 dollars for the plates.
                  Depending on the genre the collector collects...maybe not. Not being an official state issued plate drops the interest for many collectors, I would think. BTW: At the Turlock swap someone had several 1959 Chevrolet Kingswood display plates for sale. No takers. Did not see a price, either.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I'm thinking I'll start a new thread " Studebaker License plates and dealer frames"

Yes?

Comment

Working...
                    X