Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hawk Candy, redux

Studebaker Gran Turismo by k.landerholm, on Flickr

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Hello..
    Nice Car!
    Ron
    Ron Husak
    Conifer, CO
    Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Red and White Walls?

Isn't it amazing how wrong GT Hawks look when you do simple little things like choose too light a Red, forget to Black out behind the Grille and use the wrong wheel Color?

I have never seen tires like those (Vogue Tyres?), when we used to have Red, Blue or Gold stripes they took the place of the whitewall, NOT in addition to it!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice...

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          [B][COLOR="blue"]Isn't it amazing how wrong GT Hawks look when you do simple little things like choose too light a Red, forget to Black out behind the Grille and use the wrong wheel Color?
          Gee, Rich, did you miss the Lark/Cruiser wheelcovers?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I guess you are right Gary, the Beige Lark Wheelcovers worked so well with the Red & White Interior and the Red Car, I was not even thinking about them, they are definitely part of the reason the Hawk looks so different.

This reminds me of Ted Harbit's '63 Lark Custom, I normally like sharp looking Cars like that to look pretty much correct, but have to admit that I like the look of the Red centered '62 Lark Wheelcovers on that Super Red, or is it Regal Red? '63 Lark.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Love red on GTs, and the red wheel edges are a sharp touch! In the old days it was a common trick to pull the wheel covers, paint that exposed edge body color, and pop the covers back on. Always a sharp addition to my eye
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Opinions are like noses, so as they say, everyone has one. Personally I think there is too much going on there. The gold stripe in addition to the white walls is one thing but to have the red wheels then the white wheel cover highlights is overboard to me. If it were mine the first thing I'd do is black out the wheels even though it isnt "correct" & perhaps change the wheel covers to the 66 style with the Hawk center emblem. Nice looking car and a complement to the marque regardless.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Plain whitewalls OR redlines would look better than the combination that is on it now. Airflow wheel covers would really set it off!
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Would not have been my choises, but then again, neither would this year model.
                    Someone wasn't building a "correct" car, and that's what they wanted.
                    BEAUTIFUL CAR, without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X