Avanti factory video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti factory video

I don't know how I missed this, but here is a neat Avanti introduction video on YouTube.

The 1963 Avanti was the last ditch effort of Sherwood Egbert (his real name) to rescue the faltering Studebaker. Once again, the company turned to its ace ...

Nicely done. I realize that it wasn't meant for the general public because it's too long. Most people don't have an attention span that long.

Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Here is a link to Popular Mechanics Jan 1963 which compares the Avanti, Thunderbird, Riviera and the Corvette.

Popular Mechanics inspires, instructs and influences readers to help them master the modern world. Whether it’s practical DIY home-improvement tips, gadgets and digital technology, information on the newest cars or the latest breakthroughs in science -- PM is the ultimate guide to our high-tech lifestyle.

Comment

Interesting point in the video that most non-mechanical people would miss: The dust cap is missing from the front wheel bearing hub in the close-up of the caliper disc brake assembly! Odd. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

When that was filmed? Is it a new Avanti? I see a black brake master cylinder cap but also a black supercharger.

Comment

Also did anybody catch the slotted screw heads on the door latches? Production was all phillips.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
              When that was filmed? Is it a new Avanti? I see a black brake master cylinder cap but also a black supercharger.
              It's clearly a preproduction car and notice the film uses shots from early brochures.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Looks like a 140mph speedo on an R2 which may confirm that the early R2's had 140mph not the 160mph speedo's.
                pb

Comment

Not sure about " A study of Art in metal"?

I really like the "Traction at the point of action." I've heard that in another factory video.
                  sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Noticed the hood pops up a lot higher than mine does. Also the jack handle was on top of the spare tire and not under the carpet, Thanks for posting I enjoyed it! Ed

Comment

Long impressive Avanti Commercial

Well if you made it through all of that Commercial, HOW COULD YOU NOT BUY ONE?

It is clearly the BEST Car EVER!

The presentation looks like it would be something you could show in the New Car Showroom before the test Drive.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X