It's back , black and silver 61 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's back , black and silver 61 wagon

It is back on the auction block again and owner is sparse about the real condition of this junker, I send him a question about the car so lets see if it make the question area of the auction...number 280620309286
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob, you posted this while I was drafting an addition to the thread linked below, with an update:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Owner selling this message got back to me and has ended the auction, he got taken on this and didn't know much about it until we posted it , he is a SDC member and doesn't want to screw anyone with it, I sent his message to Bob Andrews to move to the forum as I don't know how to do that yet.
      Last edited by candbstudebakers; 01-27-2011, 09:39 AM.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I heard back too Bob, will post both when I get home from work.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

But surely, there is nothing much wrong with this car, as long as you had a full frame to transplant the brakes and drive train, and then the body onto? Yes, I'm sort of funning, or as they say in old Blighty, 'taking the p*ss'. but, it could be done if the price of the car was right, and the right bits?

I have run across the case of 2 1954 Kaiser Manhattans, one with a no rust body, lovely paint and perfect interior, but no frame at all left and no supercharger, and another with a good working supercharger and automatic, near perfect frame, but truly sad and rusted upper body and trashed interior. Two junk cars made into one very nice one. The 'no frame' car was a head scratcher, as how it got to be so like Swiss cheese while the body panels stayed intact was unknown. I believe the frame was so bad that by necessity it was a body lift off in situ, as it was too weak to move OR load onto a trailer

Ran across Hawks with the same style of problem too, frame good body bad, or body good frame bad.

Comment

Perhaps they should try selling it as a Rambler.

Comment

Working...
            X