Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today was the best day I've had in twenty-five years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was the best day I've had in twenty-five years!

Today was the best day I've had in twenty-five years! I got to drive a team of four horses to a 1902 Studebaker MudWagon (open stagecoach)! I haven't driven a four-in-hand since 1984. Life was good this afternoon! My hands were really shaking when Dennis handed me the reins, but it only took a few minutes before it was all back. Hope I can go up and do it again soon!

Yep, I was Studebaker'in and STYL'IN baby! So much fun, just can't stop grinning.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

That is awesome...

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
    Today was the best day I've had in twenty-five years! I got to drive a team of four horses to a 1902 Studebaker MudWagon (open stagecoach)! I haven't driven a four-in-hand since 1984. Life was good this afternoon! My hands were really shaking when Dennis handed me the reins, but it only took a few minutes before it was all back. Hope I can go up and do it again soon!

Yep, I was Studebaker'in and STYL'IN baby! So much fun, just can't stop grinning.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You're THE MAN!
      Four horses, just like John Wayne!
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Happy to hear that you had a great day! Too bad you don't have any pictures of it to share with us....
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Ron unfortunately is on dialup I believe...so any pictures he could download would be slower and more difficult than the old pony express. He isn't on the information superhighway yet, more the cart track. i believe he has to travel to the nearest 'big place' <g> to do things like Utube, videos or pictures. I'm sure he will get around to posting them sometime when he has the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            Happy to hear that you had a great day! Too bad you don't have any pictures of it to share with us....
            Eh, heh... I forgot the camera. Paula about killed me when she asked if it was in the car. Should have gone back up to the house and got it. I was in such a bloody hurry to get there in time though. It was kinda last-minute notice. Gosh, LOL, wish I could go back tomorrow.

As to my connection, yeah, definatedly the Ox-cart track. Yes, Grass-hopp-ah, the internet is slow... but the earth... is patient.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

That's great, Ron! I know how much you love the wagons, and your extensive experience with them. And I know you've been on a bumpy road for some time. So glad you got to do something you love! Thumbs up!
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Great story Ron. Glad you had a great day. Do't forget the camera next time!!!
                1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

cool beans! bp
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ron, It's always great to hear of someone getting to do something that they love. Glad you had the chance and enjoyed it!
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Good show, Ron! Hope you get to play again, very soon!
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Wow! That is really neat. I don't know much about horses and wagons, but to me this sounds impressive. Glad you had a great day!
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Sounds like a really exciting day.

It appears, that if I was there at the same time...... I would have lost the "shotgun" seat
                          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                            Gosh, LOL, wish I could go back tomorrow.
                            Maybe you can arrange for a chance once again in September and remember your camera this time. Then you have the MOST ORIGINAL "Drive Your Studebaker Day" photos in Turning Wheels.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                            X