Found one more set of the early seat bellts in gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found one more set of the early seat bellts in gray

The 56-61 door mount style, $200 to your door.
    JDP Maryland

You are killing me. I need them so bad, but I just sent in the kids tuition payment.

Comment

I have seen these belts installed, mostly in 56 Golden Hawks, but offhand, I do not remember seeing these in sedans. Were they used in 56-on sedans as well as the C/K, or are the floor belts more customary and/or correct for sedans?

Comment

I had a 57 Packard sedan and a 58 Packard sedan that had them.

Comment

Yes they were used in sedans, but a differnt part number for the rear seat belts.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
            You are killing me. I need them so bad, but I just sent in the kids tuition payment.
            No worries, another set will show up on ebay in a year or two at a jaw dropping price. Heck, I paid over $300 to restore a used set many years ago. Just kidding, but I know the feeling, I've had to pass on stuff I wanted more than I care to recall.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
              The 56-61 door mount style, $200 to your door.
              John, if this set you are now offering to the Forum is a NOS Studebaker-Packard p/n SP-50060, I would be like to buy that kit. However, I would NOT be interested in buying generic or aftermarket type belt kits made by Karbelt or repops of any kind.

So if you have the "real deal," PM me with the best way to get the $200 to you. TIA

Last edited by Welcome; 01-23-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                [COLOR="blue"]John, if this set you are now offering to the Forum is a NOS Studebaker-Packard p/n SP-50060, I would be like to buy that kit. However, I would NOT be interested in buying generic or aftermarket type belt kits made by Karbelt or repops of any kind.

So if you have the "real deal," PM me with the best way to get the $200 to you. TIA

Than you will never buy the SP belts from that era since they were made by Karbelt and only had the SP labeling added to the box and belt. They didn't even bother to change the Karbelt drawing of the young couple on the box.. I guess by the real deal, you need the Karbelt box with the SP logo added and not just the correct belts. I get the difference in the box for a memorabilia collector that wants Stant radiator cap in a Studebaker box for example,, but I was thinking of the guy that just wanted the correct seat belts.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a set of grey belts....just the end with the buckles, no hardware. kinda corroded but would polish up fine. Stickers have seen better days.
                  I will GIVE AWAY for FREE.
                  The catch is they have to be picked up. There are no club menbers in the area and I'm starving for freindly Stude talk.
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I'll toss in some used hardware for just the shipping cost, and you can get the old belts rewebbed for a few hundred, but using a different fabric than the aircraft stuff used by Karbelt. If you look on the back of the buckle you'll see the aircraft approval stamping.
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Than you will never buy the SP belts from that era since they were made by Karbelt and only had the SP labeling added to the box and belt. They didn't even bother to change the Karbelt drawing of the young couple on the box.. I guess by the real deal, you need the Karbelt box with the SP logo added and not just the correct belts. I get the difference in the box for a memorabilia collector that wants Stant radiator cap in a Studebaker box for example,, but I was thinking of the guy that just wanted the correct seat belts.
                      Just to add; I don't even think there were any other aftermarket belts then. The Karbelts company was THE vendor who sold the safest belts that were actually made by Air Associates, Inc. to car makers like Studebaker. Like John explained, these are the real thing, not some generic belt. On the Studebaker printed boxes it states that they are Karbelts right on the above ad.

Air Associates had been making them for many types of aircraft before Studebaker used them as one of their options. I bought a set of used Piper belts last year and they are exactly the same buckle made by Air Associates Inc. I put the correct webbing one them and they are now my rear seat belts.

As mentioned above, the only difference from Studebaker's part number is the box's printing. You place on the real S-P copy of the label and they are then correct.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                        Just to add; I don't even think there were any other aftermarket belts then. The Karbelts company was THE vendor who sold the safest belts that were actually made by Air Associates, Inc. to car makers like Studebaker. Like John explained, these are the real thing, not some generic belt. On the Studebaker printed boxes it states that they are Karbelts right on the above ad.

Air Associates had been making them for many types of aircraft before Studebaker used them as one of their options. I bought a set of used Piper belts last year and they are exactly the same buckle made by Air Associates Inc. I put the correct webbing one them and they are now my rear seat belts.

As mentioned above, the only difference from Studebaker's part number is the box's printing. You place on the real S-P copy of the label and they are then correct.

Apprently, they were at least a dealer option on some brand X's since I've been asked for them as Karbelts by Brand X guys. Here's the Karbelts box with S/P logo, and without.
                        Last edited by JDP; 01-23-2011, 10:01 AM.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Me too. Some Fords, etc. I only have one set of red left. Studebaker was probably just one marque who was proactive about it.
                          Not many people believed in them back then. Strange that it would take so long to catch on.

Comment

Apprently, they were at least a dealer option on some brand X's since I've been asked for them as Karbelts by Brand X guys. Here's the Karbelts box with S/P logo, and without.
                            John, do you have that set pictured in the (left) thumbnail? That one is the "real deal" I've been looking for. Only other set I've seen like it was Bondo Billy's ...and he's not been wanting to part with it.

Comment

John , will you ship to Canada ?
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X