Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Commander

Hi all,
    I am looking for a tailight lens for a 1939 Commander 4 door. I am also looking for the little clear glass cover that covers the license plate light that is on the handle of the trunk lid. Thanks for your help.

Jim D. Gray

HEY, THERE WAS ANOTHER POST IN HERE RESPONDING TO jIM'S QUESTION AND I WAS RESPONDING TO THAT AND NOW IT'S GONE. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Jim, the post that has disappeared suggested you check with the Antique Studebaker Club Forum, since that club, of which I am a member, deals only with pre-war vehicles. The Studebaker Drivers Club embraces all aspects of the marque but has, for obvious reasons, the most interest in readily available and driveable models.

I would suggest you join the ASC, as it would be your best resource for pre-war parts and information. www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com

The Antique Studebaker Club Forum is hosted by the AACA. Every time I log in there I see folks with late model Stude questions who don't realize SDC, ergo this forum, exists. I always send them here.

I would also like to see more of the pre-war owners become involved here. Fat chance, since most of us that old think a mouse eats cheese and don't know how to use a keyboard.[)]

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

HEY, THERE WAS ANOTHER POST IN HERE RESPONDING TO jIM'S QUESTION AND I WAS RESPONDING TO THAT AND NOW IT'S GONE. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Jim, the post that has disappeared suggested you check with the Antique Studebaker Club Forum, since that club, of which I am a member, deals only with pre-war vehicles. The Studebaker Drivers Club embraces all aspects of the marque but has, for obvious reasons, the most interest in readily available and driveable models.

I would suggest you join the ASC, as it would be your best resource for pre-war parts and information. www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com

The Antique Studebaker Club Forum is hosted by the AACA. Every time I log in there I see folks with late model Stude questions who don't realize SDC, ergo this forum, exists. I always send them here.

I would also like to see more of the pre-war owners become involved here. Fat chance, since most of us that old think a mouse eats cheese and don't know how to use a keyboard.[)]

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      Brad Johnson,
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey Brad, I like your signature pic. Very "Art Deco". [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Hey Brad, I like your signature pic. Very "Art Deco". [8D]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Simply Orange

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Thanks, Matt.
            I'm still very green on computerized photos. I sent four shots of the Rockne to George Nikolov at 4wheelz-virtual parking. After a while, I realized one of his thumbnails was the perfect size for a signature. I didn't need to do anything but paste it.
            If you want to see the whole dash or an enlarged view of this thumbnail, open "Rockne" on his site. You may detect, in the sunglare of the windshield, the rear windows of my '51 Starlight.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks, Matt.
              I'm still very green on computerized photos. I sent four shots of the Rockne to George Nikolov at 4wheelz-virtual parking. After a while, I realized one of his thumbnails was the perfect size for a signature. I didn't need to do anything but paste it.
              If you want to see the whole dash or an enlarged view of this thumbnail, open "Rockne" on his site. You may detect, in the sunglare of the windshield, the rear windows of my '51 Starlight.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X