• 57 Golden Hawk

At the B.J auction the Golden Hawk just went for $99,000

Any idea why (aside from being on TV)?
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Unbelievable a 57. No way as rare as a 58. I gotta get my Packard Hawk finished!
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

I am totally stunned. That car would not earn a first place in SDC judging. The right side had waves in it. Bad grill. Not perfect seats. Tires rubbed on fender. The owner was hoping for $50K and I thought he was dreaming.

Denny L

Comment

Does this change the "CASO" to "DASO"???? Wow !! John

Comment

Do you think the seller has any regrets? Or the buyer, he was present and had the opportunity to view the car as did Frank.

I'm in sales, as long as the seller and buyer are satisfied......... it's a good deal.

Revel in Studebakers bringing top dollar compared to a Chevy of the same vintage, some here said that would never happen. ....... something just froze over other than the midwest.

Makes me want to drag my car to BJ next year, I would take the critique of those here for that FAT CASH! As would evryone else............
            It is an addiction!

Comment

The BJ web site states the Hawk sold for $108,9000.00 This number includes the buyers commission. The info that follows is pasted from the BJ web site.

Lot Number: 716.1
              Add to Favorites
              Email to a Friend
              Send to Mobile Device
              Open in New Window

To share this car info, open in a
              new window and then click
              “Share” on the main site menu

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2011
              Sale Price: *$108,900.00
              Year: 1957
              Make: STUDEBAKER
              Model: GOLDEN HAWK
              Style: 2 DOOR HARDTOP
              VIN: 6103685
              Exterior Color: RED/WHITE
              Interior Color: BLACK
              Cylinders: 8
              Engine Size: 289
              sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Yes, i watch the whole thing the last two days. Yesterday 46 m series p/u restored very nice $31,000
                today 1953 stude.p/u 1/2 ton with a golden hawk motor super charged brought apx.$41,000 i forget for sure ,this is close
                also as mention above ,57 golden hawk(very nice $99,000 i was very surprized it went for that. I think thats a first.
                I'm new to the form been a member of s.d.c sense 1991 from ohio & president of ohio region apx.15 years also regional manager for apx.7 years.thanks for letting me bend your ear so to say. Don morgan

Comment

Holy smokes!
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I knew this would be a hot topic when Dad phoned in the results of this one.
                    I'll reserve my personal opinion of the car and welcome the new owner to the club...and hopefully for a test drive in a nice GT for the significant other!

W00t! Although seeing it stall at $99K was kinda like watching a kickoff returned all the way only to get sacked at the one yard line!
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                      Any idea why (aside from being on TV)?
                      Why? - The usual auction answer. Two people wanted the car and price was not an object.

I watched the sale of this Hawk. After about $40K, there were just two bidders that kept sparing with each other. I am not sure if they wanted the car or just didn't want the other person to get it. Of course, this is good for both the seller and the auction company (made about $19K). I did not recognize the buyer.

This Hawk was not even stock. It did appear to have power windows, as mine did.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X