This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada to US

I just bought a J15 on ebay that located in Canada. Just wondering if anyone one here has ever transported a car from there to the US and what are the things I should be aware of before hand.

Thanks in advance. Jay Derbidge

Battleborn Restoration
    1937 J-15
    1940 K-20 Cabover
    1944 US6
    1963 Champ
    1964 Champ 4x4
    1964 Cruiser
    1964 96 BBC Diesel
    1968 Peterbilt (I know its not a stude)

You've got some pretty interesting Studes! I didn't know they even made a 4x4 Champ!

Comment

You've got some pretty interesting Studes! I didn't know they even made a 4x4 Champ!

Comment

I've never done it myself, but go here and click on "Importing or Exporting a car" for a start...

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I've never done it myself, but go here and click on "Importing or Exporting a car" for a start...

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I sold a ' 52 to a fella in Detriot a few years ago . I trailered the car to Windsor where I met him and we both went through the customs together . this makes for a very fast and easy transfer. If you can do this I would recommend it .
            I have also brought a car from the States to Canada ...had absolutely no problem but I did talk to both customs before hand and got all the does and don't . If you follow their rules its real easy . If you try to do it "your" way and not theirs it can be a nightmare.
            Oh by the way , if you are going to phone customs , phone the border crossing your going to use not somewhere else ...they all seem to have their own way of doing things....nothings consistent with those boys [}]
            HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I sold a ' 52 to a fella in Detriot a few years ago . I trailered the car to Windsor where I met him and we both went through the customs together . this makes for a very fast and easy transfer. If you can do this I would recommend it .
              I have also brought a car from the States to Canada ...had absolutely no problem but I did talk to both customs before hand and got all the does and don't . If you follow their rules its real easy . If you try to do it "your" way and not theirs it can be a nightmare.
              Oh by the way , if you are going to phone customs , phone the border crossing your going to use not somewhere else ...they all seem to have their own way of doing things....nothings consistent with those boys [}]
              HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I considered buying a Canadian Car, The fellow SAID if it is trailered into the US there would not be a Custom tax. I do not know if that is true of false. Could save money, does this mean me pulling the car on a trailer, or a trucker pulling it across the border?

Comment

I considered buying a Canadian Car, The fellow SAID if it is trailered into the US there would not be a Custom tax. I do not know if that is true of false. Could save money, does this mean me pulling the car on a trailer, or a trucker pulling it across the border?

Comment

If you go to shipmyvehicle.com you can get door to door quotes for over the border deliveries. I got a quote from a company called Hansens. They quoted Detroit to Ingersoll at CDN $816.
                    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

If you go to shipmyvehicle.com you can get door to door quotes for over the border deliveries. I got a quote from a company called Hansens. They quoted Detroit to Ingersoll at CDN $816.
                      Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

The truck is only 20 miles from the border so I will see if he will come to the border with me. Thanks for the info.

The 4x4 champ is not orgional. I wanted a 4 wheel drive stude and had 2 parts trucks for my 63 so I decided to build one. It has 4 link suspension like a monster truck and runs on 40 inch tires. Started building it 7 years ago and no I think it might be too tall. I guess I will have to see if I can get in it when its done. Its all stude except transfercase and axels. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

Jay

Comment

The truck is only 20 miles from the border so I will see if he will come to the border with me. Thanks for the info.

The 4x4 champ is not orgional. I wanted a 4 wheel drive stude and had 2 parts trucks for my 63 so I decided to build one. It has 4 link suspension like a monster truck and runs on 40 inch tires. Started building it 7 years ago and no I think it might be too tall. I guess I will have to see if I can get in it when its done. Its all stude except transfercase and axels. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

Jay

Comment

Cool! If you like, you can email me any and all pics, and I'll be glad to post them up for you. I'd like to see those other Studes too!
                            My email is: mbstude at yahoo dot com

Comment

Cool! If you like, you can email me any and all pics, and I'll be glad to post them up for you. I'd like to see those other Studes too!
                              My email is: mbstude at yahoo dot com

Comment

Working...
                              X