Used Car Slogans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Car Slogans

30-40 years ago, each make had their own slogan for their used cars. Chevrolet used 'OK Used Cars', Oldsmobile had 'Value Rated Used Cars', Ford had 'A-1 Used Cars' and so on. So what was Studebakers? Did they even have one?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Studebaker had such a slogan, I just can't pull it outta me hat at the moment. I wanna say something about "ABC" or something like that. Surely somneone else will clarify. I know I've seen such.

I was in town today and I drove past the old Stude dealer bldg. It made me think of the dealer's daughter I talked to about 10 years ago. She related how her dad decided to clean out the office he had in the loft of his barn. A barn he'd had built in the 30s to house a shipment of new Studes.
    She said that in the very early 70s her dad had made the comment to the effect that there was no use to keep this old junk - referring to the accumulation of old lit, manuals, sales records, advertizing signs and banners. It all went in a big dumpster![V][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Studebaker had such a slogan, I just can't pull it outta me hat at the moment. I wanna say something about "ABC" or something like that. Surely somneone else will clarify. I know I've seen such.

I was in town today and I drove past the old Stude dealer bldg. It made me think of the dealer's daughter I talked to about 10 years ago. She related how her dad decided to clean out the office he had in the loft of his barn. A barn he'd had built in the 30s to house a shipment of new Studes.
      She said that in the very early 70s her dad had made the comment to the effect that there was no use to keep this old junk - referring to the accumulation of old lit, manuals, sales records, advertizing signs and banners. It all went in a big dumpster![V][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Studebaker's late 1950s/early 1960s used car slogan was

A -- Always
        B -- Buy
        C -- Certified

At your local Studebaker Dealer!

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Studebaker's late 1950s/early 1960s used car slogan was

A -- Always
          B -- Buy
          C -- Certified

At your local Studebaker Dealer!

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Once went to buy out a Studebaker dealer and found he tossed out all the useless junk like chrome, accessories and the like, but kept all the water pumps, pistons and such. He figured no one would ever value a hood ornament as much as a tie rod end.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
            64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert-63
            63 Lark 2 door
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Once went to buy out a Studebaker dealer and found he tossed out all the useless junk like chrome, accessories and the like, but kept all the water pumps, pistons and such. He figured no one would ever value a hood ornament as much as a tie rod end.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
              64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert-63
              63 Lark 2 door
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT-60Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys! Anyone (Leonard?) have any pictures of a dealer with one of those signs visible?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Thanks guys! Anyone (Leonard?) have any pictures of a dealer with one of those signs visible?

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I have a slew of ABC Sudebaker paper, but won't be able to scan it or photo it until after the auction on Tuesday and we get our living space back.....hopefully. They had yellow and red certified window stickers, blue and orange window stickers, a booklet on why buying an ABC Certified was the way to go. I also have from pre-war (WWII) a whole series of books that Studebaker published on how to merchandise used cars. Some of it holds true till to today and some, like turning back the speedometer, using carbon tetrechloide don't hold up. They even show how to cover dents with rubber patches...quite funny.

Comment

I have a slew of ABC Sudebaker paper, but won't be able to scan it or photo it until after the auction on Tuesday and we get our living space back.....hopefully. They had yellow and red certified window stickers, blue and orange window stickers, a booklet on why buying an ABC Certified was the way to go. I also have from pre-war (WWII) a whole series of books that Studebaker published on how to merchandise used cars. Some of it holds true till to today and some, like turning back the speedometer, using carbon tetrechloide don't hold up. They even show how to cover dents with rubber patches...quite funny.

Comment

When you get a chance, scan some up. They would be very interesting.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

When you get a chance, scan some up. They would be very interesting.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Ellen found them here is a few

BG

Comment

Ellen found them here is a few

BG

Comment

Working...
                              X