paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint code

Hi Does anyone know the PPG basecoat clearcoat number of flamigo orange like on a 59,60.61 lark?
    Thanks Tom

If you have a car with it, it would be best to take something like a glovebox door in to be scanned on the inside surface, or any other panel you can remove that has not been exposed to sunshine etc.

If not, then you can use something like this source to get the appropriate modern equivalent paint through you local jobber (they list Flamingo)
    Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Comment

Thanks for your help Jim, I have a 62 lark wagon thats blue. I will be painting a motorcycle flamingo and a cream color. Thanks again Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hilbert77 View Post
        Hi Does anyone know the PPG basecoat clearcoat number of flamigo orange like on a 59,60.61 lark?
        Thanks Tom
        Flamingo was first offered for 1961. It was initially only offered on Hawks and convertibles. Later, near the end of the model year, it was offered across the line. A guy that I worked for ordered a new 1961 Lark early in the year and wanted Flamingo. It took a long time, but Studebaker built it. It was a Regal four door with Skytop.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by hilbert77 View Post
          Thanks for your help Jim, I have a 62 lark wagon thats blue. I will be painting a motorcycle flamingo and a cream color. Thanks again Tom
          So---its a Cream 'cycle?? <gg>

Comment

I'll double check, but if you have the original year and paint code. You can call the 800 number for DuPont, they will give you a modern year and paint code. Then go to your local PPG supplier and order what you want. IF you are using PPG as a base coat clear coat, use PPG products ALL the way through! start from the etching primer, polyester primes, all the way through the clear. Yes, it will cost you more, BUT, the results will be much better too.
            I painted my Avanti last year with Standox base coat clear coat. I don't remember the total $$ on the liquids, bur I remember that a liter of black was $93.00 after my discount! I used 4 liters of color, 5 liters of reducer, 2 liters of hardner, and 3 liters of clear. i'm thinking it was somewhere just north of 1K in materials. NOT counting the primers and sealers.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X