Headlight Ring ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Ring ID

Here we go again. Started looking for this information over a year ago on the Forum. But now "I have pictures. Just returned from the USA with my latest ebay purchase....another headlight ring ( will be able to fill a wall with the headlight rings I have purchased over the past year) This on seems to be the one I have been looking for all along, but was lead to beleive there was no such aninmal.
    It is "STEEL" and is identical to the "Pot Metal" ones I have except for the top mClick image for larger version

Name:	100_4890.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1732956ounting tab and the off set on the botom screw hole.(just acquired the mate to the Pot Metal one I had a week prior to finding this oClick image for larger version

Name:	100_4893.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1732955ne on ebay) Didn't even ask what it was made of before bidding just hit the Buy It Now button as fast as I could.
    Now I need to ID itClick image for larger version

Name:	100_4891.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1732954!
    Please help. Note: the offset bottom screw hole leads me to believe that there are lefts and rights. But that is not of any importance to me at this point!
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

The Pot Metal ones of which I now have Two, have 2 matching #'s cast in each one. 556497 FR1 and BS 1004A.
    There are no numbers I can see on the Steel ring.
    My guess is that they are 1958 Packard Hawk???????
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I also have another single aftermarket ring that was made by "Hella" that I really love! It is chrome and a little deeper than the stock C\K ring.
      Does anyone have one of these?
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Unpainted '53-'62 C & K Headlight Ring

If you have NO painted Pot Metal Rings, then it IS possible that the cheapie Custom '53-'55 Champion Sedan Hd. Lt. Ring is the STEEL Painted one that was used on Packard Hawks!??? Interesting discovery.

I believe your "Hella" Ring would not have the unique to Studebaker "Hood" at the top, correct?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
          I also have another single aftermarket ring that was made by "Hella" that I really love! It is chrome and a little deeper than the stock C\K ring.
          If its a Hella, its from a German vehicle, i.e. a VW Type 3, maybe.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            If you have NO painted Pot Metal Rings, then it IS possible that the cheapie Custom '53-'55 Champion Sedan Hd. Lt. Ring is the STEEL Painted one that was used on Packard Hawks!??? Interesting discovery.

I believe your "Hella" Ring would not have the unique to Studebaker "Hood" at the top, correct?
            No it is hooded and a dead ringer for a C/K ring except it is a little deeper and the leading edge is not flat. I have a Bosch one also that is the same as the hella except for the insignia, but it is damaged.
            Were the packackard Hawks Steel and was their leading edge rounded rather than flat?? I have looked at a ton of pictures and it appears that I have seen both.
            Come on Packard Hawk guys...chime in Please.
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              If its a Hella, its from a German vehicle, i.e. a VW Type 3, maybe.

Craig
              I hace the VW rings from my quest that seemed tobe to buy every ring on ebay! They are also different than the Prche 911 rings that are always listed.
              These are definitely for Studebakers!
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Come on Packard Hawk guys...chime in Please.
                Brian
                I posted a photo of the front 3/4 view of a PH which appears at the end of this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=jukage

Craig

Comment

Bump!
                  Someone out there has to be able to help me??
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6580[/ATTACH]
                    Brian
                    Borgwards also used components supplied by Hella.

Craig

Comment

Good Eye Craig
                      You know I looked at Borgwards last Summer and missed that.
                      You may have hit it.
                      Now to find one. There was an Isibella in our local upick yard last summer but it didn't last long.
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
                      X