C/K rear fender T strips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/K rear fender T strips.

I am looking for the rear fender T strips which mount on the front of the rear fender at the top and join the rear fender to the body. I have seen them advertise before, but don't know the part number nor can find them in any catalogs or books. I am willing to buy used ones or new ones.
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Here you go!
    Jeff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have a pair of NOS that you can have for postage. Let me know.

Last edited by ralt12; 01-15-2011, 11:56 AM.
      '53 Commander
      Art Morrison chassis
      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

I haven't seen the repros from Classic Enterprises but I suspect both ends are squared. The originals have a rounded end that goes to the rear.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The rendering that is in Jeffs post doesn't look like the NOS ones in your picture. I have to do this job also and I am not quite sure what kind of animal I will be dealing with. By the way could any one give me a "how to" for removing the knob from my Hawk dash heater control switch?
          Stude Rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Rookie View Post
            /Cut/By the way could any one give me a "how to" for removing the knob from my Hawk dash heater control switch?Stude Rookie
            This is completely OFF TOPIC, but here you go:
            That would depend on the year of Hawk and which control it is.

If it is the Fan Toggle Switch, they will not remove.

If it is the Temp. Control -Cable to Water Valve, Slide Lever, the Knob has to be wiggled up and down while pulling to release the spring clip inside, unless you have a bent ice pic that will release it from the back end.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-15-2011, 04:49 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I know it was a hijack and I plead guilty. I feel as if I am filling up the forums with a lot of new posts and offer my apologies if I have offended and broken protocol. Answer is appreciated StudeRich. Dash is a 56' or57' GH. Dismantling for paint and new dash pad.
              Stude Rookie

Comment

I think I have several sections of these that could be used to make a couple. Maybe a couple of full length, not sure. If you can use them e-mail me your address and I sent them to you.

Terry

Comment

I just checked and I have a full length set. There is some rust on the lower sections but the upper part is fine so they could be cleaned up and used.
                  They are pointed on one end. I also have a couple of short sets maybe some one knows what they fit. Maybe a four door.

Terry

Comment

IIRC, Jerry Forrester just put a pair (from Classic) on and made that same comment.
                    I seem to recall he said he rounded his ends a bit before installation.
                    Jeff

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                    I haven't seen the repros from Classic Enterprises but I suspect both ends are squared. The originals have a rounded end that goes to the rear.
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Strip photos

I',m trying to post photo of strip if it works. Not great photos but you can see the taper.

Terry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Terry, if your offer is to me I would gladly accept them. Let me know please. and I will PM you my address.
                        Stude Rookie

Comment

I was actually offering them to Alex, but if he does want them your welcome to them.
                          Terry

Comment

I was checking part numbers on these strips. There seems to be several depending on model and year. They probably only differ in length. The classic probably can be cut to length.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by leyrret View Post
                              I was actually offering them to Alex, but if he does want them your welcome to them.
                              Terry
                              Terry I did not mean to presume anything. I thought that Alex was covered by an offer of a free set earlier in the post. The ones I need are part #304748P and #304749P.
                              If you have these and Alex does not need them I would be more than glad to buy them from you.
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X