Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a replacement Avanti Frame VIN tag decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a replacement Avanti Frame VIN tag decal?

The paint/decal that is on the frame VIN tag (passenger side beneath the exhaust manifold) has chipped and worn away until it is 80% gone. Does anyone make a replacement decal to put on top of an existing, clean tag?

This is a 1963 Avanti, and the tag I am speaking of is shown in the attached photo.

I have searched the forum and could not find anything current.

Many thanks, Bill Henderson
    Attached Files

Mine only says "S.A." now, with a black blob to the right of that ... the whole top is gone.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I got mine from Bondo Bill, but he's ill as we speak and may not be able to help right away.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Stan Gundry used to sell the decals. I'm not sure if he still does but ask anyway.
        pb

Comment

Does anyone have contact information for either of these two gentlemen? Bondo Bill and Stan Gundry?

Any other leads? Many thanks.

Bill Henderson

Comment

Buying a SDC Roster is a great resource for contact info, as well as searching the main page of this Forum.

For Bill: New York

As mentioned, he's under the weather right now, but Ellen may be able to help when she can at that contact info.

For Stan: Michigan
            Try... sgundry at Yahoo dot com

Comment

Stan has a website.
              The labels are on the bottom of the first page.

pb

Comment

I have new decals available. I have also had some new stainless steel plates made. Send me a private message - chris@studeparts.com.au

Chris.

Comment

many thanks to all. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X