Winter Basement Project - Need one champion NOS oil ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Basement Project - Need one champion NOS oil ring

We have a little winter project going down in the basement going-through and assembling a new 185 engine out of NOS parts that was sourced from SASCO before the curtain fell.

It's based around a NOS "Block with fitted pistons" (made circa 1960). Turns out one oil ring on one of the NOS pistons was assembled by stude with a little piece missing. It was not recently broken, as it's not fresh looking at where it broke. Also, the broken piece was facing down on the piston, and the thinking is that the edge caught when the pistons were put in the block 50 years ago.

Anyone have partial set of this style rings, or some odds and ends around? Need to find one matching NOS Standard oil ring. He is not thrilled about using another style on only one piston. Can't go get more at SASCO anymore

We have some other champion partial rings sets, but they are all the three-piece type oil rings. Hate to mix and match. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a parent watching over a project, to make sure it gets put together right and he makes wise choices.

Thanks
    Heather
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4jc8z; 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM. Reason: trying to attach the @!$#*&@#^ picture

I think you'd be doing yourself a favor in the long run by replacing all the rings with a new, modern, quality set.
    But.......this fellow may be able to help you with one replacement ring:
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
    X