1963 avanti interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 avanti interior

I was wondering if anyone can give me any input. I have a 1963 Avanti with black bucket seat and red and black pepper carpet. I need to replace the carpet and redo the seats. Any recomendations? I want the same quality.
    Thank you again for you continued help.
    jerry defilippi

I bought my red/black carpet from Phantom. Looks good and fit well.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Red & Black Salt & Pepper Carpet, Black Interior

It must be an Avanti Red (Maroon) Car right?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jerry1 View Post
        I was wondering if anyone can give me any input. I have a 1963 Avanti with black bucket seat and red and black pepper carpet. I need to replace the carpet and redo the seats. Any recomendations? I want the same quality.
        Thank you again for you continued help.
        The closest they have today is "Tuxedo"
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Yes, you are correct
          jerry defilippi

Comment

JDP do you know of anyone offering the carpet and color that was in your Avanti?

Thanks...Mike
            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
            Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
              JDP do you know of anyone offering the carpet and color that was in your Avanti?

Thanks...Mike
              Again, Tuxedo, I can have it made, but it's silly expensive.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                Again, Tuxedo, I can have it made, but it's silly expensive.
                Is silly expensive the same thing as stupid expensive? I wonder because I have spent both, and they seem the same, but I'm not sure!
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                  Is silly expensive the same thing as stupid expensive? I wonder because I have spent both, and they seem the same, but I'm not sure!
                  It was around $600 the last time I ordered it, maybe 3 years ago.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I suggest you contact Rene Harger in Knoxville, TN call him at his interior shop SOUTHEAST STUDEBAKER, LLC
                    his phone is 865-525-6151
                    He can supply you the exact same carpet and has the original patterns. He did the interior and carpet for my 58 Golden Hawk and I am extremely pleased
                    Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                      It was around $600 the last time I ordered it, maybe 3 years ago.
                      Silly and stupid maybe!
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 58 Hawk View Post
                        I suggest you contact Rene Harger in Knoxville, TN call him at his interior shop SOUTHEAST STUDEBAKER, LLC
                        his phone is 865-525-6151
                        He can supply you the exact same carpet and has the original patterns. He did the interior and carpet for my 58 Golden Hawk and I am extremely pleased
                        Joe

Let me know if he's cheaper and I'll refer my Tuxedo business to him. We share customers back and forth, and both have factory patterns.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

You can't go wrong with plain black and JDP's black carpets fit like a glove installed as per the factory with screws and underpadding - no glue where the factory didn't use it! IMO salt and pepper carpet has a drab, scruffy appearance that doesn't enhance the Avanti interior.

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
                            You can't go wrong with plain black and JDP's black carpets fit like a glove installed as per the factory with screws and underpadding - no glue where the factory didn't use it! IMO salt and pepper carpet has a drab, scruffy appearance that doesn't enhance the Avanti interior.
                            Dirty little secret, the big carpet vendors all have perfect patterns, but sometimes the cutters are less than perfect. My suppliers have been making the stuff for over 60 years. BTW, my seat cover company was perchased by Lebaron Booney, same quality, but 6 weeks to ship instead of two. They were not ready for AutoCrafts volume.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

REplaced the worn turquois & black carpet in my Avanti with N&A Avanti black carprt back when. Fit look and wear, great.

Comment

Working...
                              X