Lovin' my calendar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovin' my calendar!

Just got around to taking my 2010 Madd Doodler Studebaker calendar down and putting up the 2011 version. Fantastic as always- and still only ten bucks!

Thanks again, Steve, for a great product I'll have right by my desk all year

Now in its 14th year of publication, The Studebaker Calendar features a different Studebaker for every month and the dates are filled with detailed info on
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Gotta get mine yet.

Comment

See Bob, all us CASO's are waiting for the sale. Starts in what, September? Once you get used to only buying them for the pictures, it changes your perspective. Insiders tell me that out in the real world, what with the cell phones and all, calendars are getting as rare as watches. Hmmph.

And I only mention this because the USAFA Association of Graduates $10 calendar is already marked down to $5.50, apparently due to those budget cuts, and the photo credit for the March picture (interior of Vandenberg quadrangle courtyard, which you won't see on the visitor's tour) is to my kid, took with his SooperSekrit c'mpewterized double-nought spycam. It's considered quite an honor--double points if you do it from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by comatus View Post
        Once you get used to only buying them for the pictures, it changes your perspective.
        Just pictures? That's what the Hooters calendar is for. Steve's calendar gives us Studes to look at, but it's the vital facts that make it! F'rinstance, I know what day Sherwood Egbert got involved in a picket line altercation; and when Studebaker first started paying their employees with checks (I assume instead of wampum). Want to know? Too bad. Buy Steve's calendar. Since you like Studes instead of, say, Datsuns, you have the discretionary sawbuck.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Just put my calendar on the kitchen door yesterday & that white '62 GT Hawk certainly livens the door up.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

If you like cool Studebaker pictures, make sure you get the AOAI's 2011 Avanti calendar. $12 each INCLUDES shipping.

Some previous years are available as low as $2 or $3 for all the CASO's on this forum!

Get the 2011 calendar here from the Avanti Owners Association International: https://www.aoai.org/shop/product.php?productid=22
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
              Just put my calendar on the kitchen door yesterday & that white '62 GT Hawk certainly livens the door up.
              Do you guys down under use the same calendar as we do? If so do the numbers start on the right?
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you for the kind words on the calendar. It's been 14 years now since I started this and the sales have been enough to keep it going. I appreciate all who purchase it and supply me witht he great photos for it year after year. I'm always looking for photos, now accepting pics for the 2012 version.
                This year to make it easier you can even order online at my website, www.madddoodler.com which not only has calendars but a great cd and poster available. There are also articles I hope you find interesting.
                Steve Grant
                madd_doodler@yahoo.com
                a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
                www.madddoodler.com
                Kinzua Region Chapter
                1881 Grain Wagon
                Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
                1955 Conestoga
                1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

Cool Calendar

I've had one by my desk at work for ten years now! The pictures, along with the important dates, are a nice diversion during the workday.

Keep up the great work!
                  Tom
                  1960 Lark VIII
                  1962 Lark Cruiser
                  1964 Cruiser

Comment

Steve, I appreciate your doing this. I'm enjoying my '11 calendar!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Got mine. Can't wait until September.
                      Jim Bradley
                      Lake Monticello, VA
                      '78 Avanti II
                      sigpic

Comment

Just ordered mine for 2011 Steve, thanks for the great work on these in the past and in the upcoming years.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          Do you guys down under use the same calendar as we do? If so do the numbers start on the right?
                          Thank goodness the calendar reads from the left just like we write our dates !!! You guys started getting it all wrong just before World War One when you put your steering wheels on the wrong side.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                          X