Eldo-powered M5- in my back yard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldo-powered M5- in my back yard!

Never ceases to amaze me, the stuff right in my area that I've never seen This one's maybe 10 minutes away, and lives right in my delivery area somewhere... and I've never known it existed. Incredible!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cool Studillac Bob! I imagine it has great traction when empty along with lots of power (even when loaded) and a smooth ride and great handling. I would love to test drive it!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Even more amazing is that there is another Eldo-Powered one maybe
      four houses down the street from my GrandMother's house in Los Angeles!!!
      It's not f/s, but his 'rodded '40 something StudeCoupe is...
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The steel Caddy Eldo rims actually suit the truck really well. They look like little Budd truck rims. Nice custom.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Stock up on CV joints!
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
            The steel Caddy Eldo rims actually suit the truck really well. They look like little Budd truck rims. Nice custom.
            I thought the same thing about the wheels. What a job it must have been to hang that running gear (!)

I'd try to go see it except we just got another 2 feet of snow, and more coming. I'll be busy with that...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              I thought the same thing about the wheels. What a job it must have been to hang that running gear (!)

I'd try to go see it except we just got another 2 feet of snow, and more coming. I'll be busy with that...
              Gee Bob, don't they issue snow shovels up your way? I thought they were mandatory in your neck of the woods. By-the-way when the ground is clear let us know more about that truck.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If this weren't on the wrong coast, I'd throw in a bid just because it is too cool.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Being so close I e-mailed the seller and he called me. He bought it built but with the body mostly off. He assembled it and had it painted. It does have the Eldo rear axle and column. He has driven it three summers, and says it drives and handles great.

Unfortunately he says he "has" to get $12K. I told him that was way out of my league; but he agreed to let me come and look at it. We tentatively agreed on Friday afternoon but we'll see what the weather does- 2 feet, plus another foot last night, plus 8"-12" overnight, plus more possible Friday may keep me busy On top of which, it's outside, so it might be buried Still, I admit to being intrigued by it. If/when I see it I will of course take pictures
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Very nice old truck and front wheel drive to boot. When you think about it, all show/hobby trucks should be front wheel drive, because they'll never see a load in the bed. However, I don't see $12k this time of the year for that truck. I wish him luck.

jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                    X