56 Hawk Dealer Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Hawk Dealer Poster

Here is a 13 X 17 poster that I found at the Hudson, WI Studebaker Swap Meet this September. On the back it says, "1956 Hawk dealer poster." I also have an Avanti poster that I bought about six years ago that uses similar colors, but is more abstract.

Has anyone ever seen this poster or anything like it?

Nick

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
    Here is a 13 X 17 poster that I found at the Hudson, WI Studebaker Swap Meet this September. On the back it says, "1956 Hawk dealer poster." I also have an Avanti poster that I bought about six years ago that uses similar colors, but is more abstract. Has anyone ever seen this poster or anything like it? Nick]

Nearly 100% certain that poster is NOT something Studebaker-Packard Corp. put out for the 1956 Hawks...
    but it is nice just the same!
    Last edited by Welcome; 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM.

Comment

What a slug, almost 18 seconds from 60-100 MPH ??? Must be a misprinted poster.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I too am almost 100% certain that is not a 1956 dealer poster. For one thing, I'm pretty sure that stylized Hawk art in the poster wasn't used until later. However, the claim of 17.7 seconds 60-100 comes straight from contemporary ads like the one below.

FWIW, back in the day my Dad timed our 56 Golden Hawk (O/D) from 50-100. Or more precisely, he drove and I timed. If my memory serves correctly, it took 15 seconds, which Dad thought was pretty good. Of course that was with a wrist watch and the factory speedometer - however accurate that was.

Comment

I also have one of these posters. I bought it 1975 at a long-closed dealership along with some parts. I don't know why they would have had it if it isn't genuine.

Comment

Look at the logo, it's copied from the one from the Road & Track Ad. So it could go either way, fake or NOT!

I am leaning toward Fake, but maybe there is another explanation, what if a non-Factory authorized Ad Co. sold these to some Dealers?

You know there were lots of non-Factory Authorized Dealer promotional items sold to certain Dealers possibly in the general area of the Country where the Mfg. was.

I am thinking of things like Key Fobs, Dealer name signs to put on the cars. For instance, on the west Coast and a few here and there in other locations it was License Plate Frames, in others they had reflective stickers, others still had chrome nameplates, usually with the Dealer name and City, etc.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-03-2011, 09:19 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. It's good to have a little information on it. Real or fake, it will look real good hanging with the other Studebaker stuff.

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X