1958 Packardbaker help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Packardbaker help!

I will be doing some restoration work on a friends recently purchased 1958 Packard. I realize that this car is mostly all Studebaker. I have done Studebaker's before but they were from the 30's. Does anyone know where I can locate body parts for this 1958 4 door sedan. I need both rocker panels, passenger rear quarter and passenger front fender (or fender repair panel).

Any other information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

There are so many places to get those parts they are too numerous to list! Do a google search and you'll find them all. I have the 2 door Studebaker version President 2 door hard top. I was able to get everything I needed. Some stuff I even got on ebay. Also see if you can get a copy of Turning Wheels, many advertise there. You said you need a rear quarter, I hope not the fin. If the fin is repairable try to keep it, not sure if you can get one of those. I think someone once told me they had one, maybe Bill Fennessey from Tenn, his phone is 615-662-5013. He would be someone that may be hard to find. He should have all the rubber, new repro, for the car too. If you need any more info send me a private msg. Jim R
    Jim Rostron

Comment

Thanks!

All the Sheet metal I will need for this car is for the lower portion (below the side trim). The car is nice and straight but just weak in a few lower spots. I don't mess with rust. I would rather replace the required sections with new metal.

I did several google searches and just seem to get more pages that give me more places to search. I found lots of 1958's for sale but no specific parts dealers or vendors.

I will look to see if I can find a copy of my old Turning Wheels issues. I was a member years ago.

Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome to the 'fun' of the PackardBakers!!! One often overlooked source can be found here~

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/

Enjoy the ride- there's NOTHING like them on the road!!!
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Have you contacted Jim over at Wisconsin Studebaker. He has the rockers. As for the fenders, that is another story. Time to hit the yard or keep an eye on ebay. For the right rear it is better to hit the yard and get one off of a 56-58 4 door Studebaker and weld it in under the chrome half way up the fender. As for the right front, good luck. I have on seen two 58 nos, one sold for 700 and one for 900. They are extremely rare. Might be best to find a good used one. Please keep in mind that the Studebaker and Packard fenders are different.

Comment

Working...
          X