American Pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Pickers

Did anyone see the Lark on American Pickers tonight? They actually showed the Champion that they bought and sold earlier in the series so it was a double-bubble Studebaker episode.

Yup. They showed that Lark in two views. First the rear fender and then the front. It looked like a '59 or '60; went by really fast.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
      Yup. They showed that Lark in two views. First the rear fender and then the front. It looked like a '59 or '60; went by really fast.
      I was more shocked with the 14K estimate on the 67 Fairlane GT, I can't belive a rough car like that was worth that money. If they really end up 11K in, I'd be shocked to see a profit.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
        I was more shocked with the 14K estimate on the 67 Fairlane GT, I can't belive a rough car like that was worth that money. If they really end up 11K in, I'd be shocked to see a profit.
        Me too. It still needed a lot of body and interior work when they were done with the mechanical items.
        At least they answered one question I had, that the 390 was not the top engine offered in a Fairlane that year...a 427 was. Now, I can see that kind of money for a 427, but a 390...even with a factory 4-speed, I dunno.
        IIRC, the 390 was also the "GT" engine in the Mustang that year.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Figures. I opt for the Pitt/UConn game and ditch Pickers once and I miss an extra-interesting episode I think they rerun the Monday episode today or tomorrow, correct?
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            There is a new show on HGTV called Cash and Cari, starting next Monday...sort of on the lines of American Pickers. I saw the commercial out of the corner of my eye, and saw what I am pretty sure was a '20's Studebaker.
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Ron,
              yup, I saw that too. and it looks like either a late teens or arly 20's Studebaker.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

I think their website said it's a 1925.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Oh...and those goofy clowns; they are in Baraboo, WI (our county seat).

Clowns are creepy. I always think of John Wayne Gacy when I see a clown.

Comment

They sold that '50 for $3500? Isn't that what they paid for it plus more for shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by DudeStude View Post
                      They sold that '50 for $3500? Isn't that what they paid for it plus more for shipping?
                      I think they gave $2500, but by the time they hauled it and paid that hottie Danielle to sell it there wasn't much meat left on the bone, as they say. They tend not to do so well on cars, I have noticed. I am sure they make more off the show, anyway.

Comment

I spotted the Lark in Americian pickers right away, Too bad they didn't buy that car insead of a FORD?????????????

Lark VIII girl,

Comment

I saw the Lark, but I ain't good on the years yet. That Ford is a super fun car.
                          I Bought a new 66 like it. But, they didn't didn't answer the question about the
                          engine availability. The only 66 and 67 Fairlanes that were 427's were factory
                          race cars and only a handful was built, even though there were advertisements.
                          And the 66 GT's and GTA"s were actually 410 Merc. engines. I am not sure about
                          the 67's.

Comment

The episode reruns tomorrow at 10PM EST. Looking forward to it. The "stars" irritate me, but I love the items. Who says they "popped" on an item, or "I'm at (X) amount". Not people in the real world. And, why do the bit where they show "Paid X, Valued X, Profit X"? Everybody knows profit doesn't exist until the item actually sells. Also don't care for the asides where they tell the camera they can't belive how they stole an item. If it's real, I wonder what the duped sellers think of it when they watch the episode...

The upside is the buildings and the stuff; and of course Danielle. She reminds my of my Linda, only with auburn hair and without the horrid tatoos

As for the Fairlane, those are desirable, especially if it's a factory BB 4 spd. car. There's a 67 GTA convertible on eBay now that looks complete/running but needing at least cosmetics, BB AT, $8600 with a day and a half left. Looking forward to seeing the Pickers example.
                            Last edited by Bob Andrews; 12-28-2010, 08:32 PM.
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I wonder if they look closer at those cars (that they buy) than they let on- when they were loading the Fairlane on the trailer I saw Mike picking at the rusty rt. rear fender. American Pickers is by far my favorite TV show now; I enjoy seeing other folk's collections and junk!

Comment

Working...
                              X