C.H. Urness Photos, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.H. Urness Photos, anyone?

Does anybody have any photographs orinformation about C. H. Urness Motors, in The Dalles? Anything will be greatly appreciated.
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

I posted this restored sign from that dealership a few months ago:

Craig

Comment

Reading this web site below, indicates there was a photo of the original location published in The Dalles Chronicle on either January 26, 2003, Page A3 or February 2, 2002, Page B5. Suggest you contact The Dalles Chronicle Main Office: 541-296-2141 or Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1910, The Dalles OR 97058 for a copy of the subject photo.

Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

Comment

By the way C.H. Motors is still in business as a Mopar dealership, and the Urness family is still involved, so you might want to call the dealership for some information. That sign was actually above the old dealership location until 1999. It was painted over on one side, but the other still had the Studebaker neon. They were getting ready to move the dealership and one of the Urness guys called me to ask if I knew anyone who might be interested in the sign. I talked him into donating to the NW Studebaker club and one of the members (Bob Wooldridge) got it restored in time for the Can-Am Zone Meet. It's now at the truck museum in Brooks, Oregon.

Steve Hudson
        The Dalles, Oregon
        1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
        1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
        1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

I still haven't located the picture and am not sure where else I can look. I tried to send you an e-mail but must not have copied your e-mail address correctly as it kicked back. I have a couple other pics to send to you.

Don

Comment

Check your email inbox, Mr. Kelstrom.

Comment

Thanks. Also, I have posted dealership fact sheets at:
              Explore Studebaker Dealership Inventory Project’s 395 photos on Flickr!

Comment

Working...
              X