• Avanti Motors moves to Cancun, Mexico

Well, Avanti has popped up in Mexico, so we can all field questions
    about Avantis being built in Canada AND Mexico now. They built a new
    production facility thats a 10,000 square foot show room, and a 65,000
    sq ft production building. The prototype still has my rim suggestion
    though still no thank you. Just as long as its known, THEY copied me,
    I didnt copy THEM! I had looked for over a decade for rims that really
    complimented the Avanti design, usually when you offer help, you get a
    thank you. Especially since the change really brings the car together.

Just another sign that Corporations just dont care. I shouldnt be
    surprised.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

"Historic Avantis". That's a new one. So, I guess I can't claim to live in the same state thay they make Avantis in anymore.

Comment

"Historic Avantis". That's a new one. So, I guess I can't claim to live in the same state thay they make Avantis in anymore.

Comment

Nope, sorry Matt. I think they heard about you, and ran to Mexico!

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Nope, sorry Matt. I think they heard about you, and ran to Mexico!

Tom

Comment

Hey Tom,
            Thank You Seriously, your car looks fantastic! Your detail work really topped it off for the show. Really enjoyed the pics. They had a pretty big turn out, obviously for a very good cause. Hats off to you for your hard work...it really shows. OBTW, like Matt, I can't make that claim either. Oh well, the old place wasn't much to look at and according to the story and pictures in AOAI, the new place is a palace[8D]. Again, congrats,Tom, you deserve it.
            Dan Miller

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
            Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Hey Tom,
              Thank You Seriously, your car looks fantastic! Your detail work really topped it off for the show. Really enjoyed the pics. They had a pretty big turn out, obviously for a very good cause. Hats off to you for your hard work...it really shows. OBTW, like Matt, I can't make that claim either. Oh well, the old place wasn't much to look at and according to the story and pictures in AOAI, the new place is a palace[8D]. Again, congrats,Tom, you deserve it.
              Dan Miller

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
              Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

I was at the Avanti Motors grand opening in '99. Wasn't much to it, other than meeting Tom Kellogg. Even got my picture with him.

Comment

I was at the Avanti Motors grand opening in '99. Wasn't much to it, other than meeting Tom Kellogg. Even got my picture with him.

Comment

Thanks Dan ... I do appreciate the kind words. What gets me is that
                    either the person that intercepted my email, or the person that had
                    replied to my post on AOAI used MY idea as their own. I feel that if
                    those in charge had received the info, I would have got a reply. I am
                    not asking for money, or stock, but a simple old fashioned thank you
                    from Avanti Motors for adding the final touch to their new 2007 Avanti
                    would have been nice. My wife just about spit out her coffee when I
                    showed her that promotional picture today. She says, "Thats so $@#%#$
                    screwed up, they use it, and not even thank you??". Yup, they did!

Tom

Comment

Thanks Dan ... I do appreciate the kind words. What gets me is that
                      either the person that intercepted my email, or the person that had
                      replied to my post on AOAI used MY idea as their own. I feel that if
                      those in charge had received the info, I would have got a reply. I am
                      not asking for money, or stock, but a simple old fashioned thank you
                      from Avanti Motors for adding the final touch to their new 2007 Avanti
                      would have been nice. My wife just about spit out her coffee when I
                      showed her that promotional picture today. She says, "Thats so $@#%#$
                      screwed up, they use it, and not even thank you??". Yup, they did!

Tom

Comment

The wheels they are using look a lot like the Mustang wheels that would come on the Mustang chassis they are using on the 2007 Avanti.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                        65 Sports Sedan
                        64 Daytona HT
                        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                        63 GT Hawk
                        63 Avanti R1/AC
                        63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                        63 Daytona HT
                        63 Lark 2 dr.
                        62 Lark 2 door
                        62 GT(parts car)
                        60 Lark convert
                        60 Hawk
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

The wheels they are using look a lot like the Mustang wheels that would come on the Mustang chassis they are using on the 2007 Avanti.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                          65 Sports Sedan
                          64 Daytona HT
                          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                          63 GT Hawk
                          63 Avanti R1/AC
                          63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                          63 Daytona HT
                          63 Lark 2 dr.
                          62 Lark 2 door
                          62 GT(parts car)
                          60 Lark convert
                          60 Hawk
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP, nope, they are not the factory Mustang wheels. That design was
                            ONLY used on the 03 and 04 Mustang Cobra. Trust me on this one. It
                            was also changed on the FIRST advertisement after I sent the info to
                            Avanti Motors. Prior to that they were using different wheels. It
                            even looks like the center caps have the Cobra emblem, though it could
                            say "Avanti" and look like the 'Snake'.

Here is the 2006 Mustang the new Avanti is built on : GT shown

here is the upcoming 2007 Mustang Cobra :

Here is the ugly wheels they HAD on the new prototype before I contacted
                            them, and explained how good the '03 Cobra wheels matched the design :

Tom

Comment

JDP, nope, they are not the factory Mustang wheels. That design was
                              ONLY used on the 03 and 04 Mustang Cobra. Trust me on this one. It
                              was also changed on the FIRST advertisement after I sent the info to
                              Avanti Motors. Prior to that they were using different wheels. It
                              even looks like the center caps have the Cobra emblem, though it could
                              say "Avanti" and look like the 'Snake'.

Here is the 2006 Mustang the new Avanti is built on : GT shown

here is the upcoming 2007 Mustang Cobra :

Here is the ugly wheels they HAD on the new prototype before I contacted
                              them, and explained how good the '03 Cobra wheels matched the design :

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X