E-M-F Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M-F Questions

Did E-M-F/Studebaker make any cars that were LHC? So far, all the pictures I've seen from 1908 thru 1912 had the steering wheel on the right side. Also, what years/model had front and rear fenders that curved over the tires rather than flat on the top?
    Rick
    Kingman, AZ

Above the 1912 model, the last year for the E-M-F. All were right hand drive.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Another with a youthful driver from my post card collection. They were also available in '12 with a roadster or a standard touring body.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks, Richard

If all E-M-F's were RHC, then this picture I found in a book I just got must have been reversed at some point, if in fact these are E-M-F's. The caption says the photo is c. 1910 but I don't believe E-M-F used demountable tires until 1912. It also seems like the windshield braces are pointing the wrong direction.
        Rick
        Kingman, AZ

Comment

Those are definitely not E-M-F's. Hard to say what they are.
          Richard Quinn

Comment

I seem to remember that the EMF and '13 Studebakers had problems with the transaxle. I think these were rectified in the '14 Studebakers. Can anyone confirm this?
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

What Richard said. The cars have electric lights so they can't be earlier than 1912. This is a total shot in the dark, but they may be Chandlers.

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X